Specification of the Pilotedge plugin

FDXDave

Re: Specification of the Pilotedge plugin

Post by FDXDave »

joomie wrote:No, the radio 2 of the FF A320 does not work.

When you dial the same frequency for VHF 1 on both radio management panels (RMP) on the pedestal,
switch off the rx on audio control panel (ACP) 1, switch on the rx on ACP 2:
You will not hear anything.

Here is the evidence, I made a video on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btYLL71annM

What I do there:
On both RMPs the same (I think it was KLAX) frequencies for VHF 1 and VHF 1 active.
On both ACPs the receiver on.
Wait till somebody is transmitting something on the frequency.
Toggle the receiver on ACP 1 and keep the receiver of ACP 2 on.
Rest as shown in the video...
I watched your video. You never activated the RX button for COM2 to be able to listen. On the Pilot side you had pressed on and off the COM1 RX button. You could hear the voice on then stop then back on. What you need to do to listen to COM2 is click on the RX key right next to it. The one that is lit up from start. Click the knob to the right of it. Then you will have two lit up knobs side by side on the pilot side. This will enable to COM2. So I first tune COM2 to the AP ATIS, click COM2 from STB to Active. I then click on the RX button on the pilot side and I can hear the ATIS. I have not tested this to see if I could hear ATC or not. But I would assume it would work. Tune in TWR on COM2 as active. Then click the RX knob next to the one you were clicking and try a radio check. I'm not home for the next day or so, otherwise I'd try it.
joomie

Post by joomie »

First: I guess „pilot side” means captain‘s side.
Second: I don’t say that one cannot listen to COM2 (=VHF2).

I say that one can not use radio 2 (=RMP2 + ACP2)
to listen to VHF1.
X-Plane 11.00pb3, Win 10 (64bit), ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5 GHz, Inno3D iChill GTX 1080 X3 (no OC), 32GB DDR4 RAM, ASUS Strix SOAR sound card, 1.25 TB SSD, SAMSUNG SUHD 55'' TV 3840x2160, TrackIR5.4.2
FDXDave

Post by FDXDave »

joomie wrote:First: I guess „pilot side” means captain‘s side.
Second: I don’t say that one cannot listen to COM2 (=VHF2).

I say that one can not use radio 2 (=RMP2 + ACP2)
to listen to VHF1.
Ok i understand now. I see your point.

So if flying on the copilot side then it would be diffacult to use com1 yes.
Com2 is only com2.