Random Comms losses

Bonez

Random Comms losses

Post by Bonez »

Hi all,
I'm having an issue where I lose connection to the comms server at random. The sim appears to stay connected, I don't get any disconnect messages and the flight map still shows me connected but I lose all audio from ATC. If I realise that it's gone quiet, a disconnect and reconnect fixes the problem but this usually results in the controllers telling me they gave me instructions 4 or 5 minutes ago etc.

Any ideas?
Shawn Goldsworthy

Re: Random Comms losses

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

What aircraft. Or is it happening with multiple aircraft?
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

This is likely to be internet-related rather than aircraft related. If you're reconnecting to the network and the comms suddenly start working, then that points to it being internet related rather than the plugin proactively killing your radio due to system voltages, audio panel, etc.

I'll see what I can do about producing an audible message when the voice is unexpectedly disconnected, or perhaps try an automatic reconnect.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Had the same issues today. I confirmed that it wasn't related to the electrical system, and, at the times that I lost comms the PE live map still showed me online and on the frequency.

I'm willing to admit it may be an internet/ISP related issue but troubleshooting it is basically impossible at this point. I could capture a packet trace if that would help?

It would be good to have some kind of connection check in the client that either gave an audible or even just a red/green dot on screen to show that you are connected and the silence you are hearing is not just because nobody likes you ;)
Jim Parish

Post by Jim Parish »

I want to chime in with my two cents also - I had similar occurrences yesterday. Once when advised to change frequences, I could pick up the controller's conversations, but never got a response. Went back to the previous frequency and received an acknowledgement from the controller as if I had changed frequencies correctly.

Then to cap it all off, while on final I was transferred to Tower on very, very short final (200' AGL or so). Decided to land first, answer questions later. :) After landing, the controller said he still showed me some 4 miles out on final?!

Jim