Cant Transmit Voice

AFankhauser

Cant Transmit Voice

Post by AFankhauser »

Hello All,

Im connected to PE right now via XP11 and using the new 737-900 ultimate and i can hear the controllers just fine, however i cant transmit any voice that they hear. APU GEN is on so im not sure its a voltage issue and ive tried binding both contact ATC and transmitt Vx on COM1 yet nothing works. Any ideas?

also,

all my devices are set to default the way they should be.
Kevin_atc

Re: Cant Transmit Voice

Post by Kevin_atc »

Did you try rebooting the sim? Occasionally I have issues where a simple reboot of xplane will fix it.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If it was voltage related then you wouldn't be hearing anything at all. Can you verify this is all happening on COM1?

I'd wait until you hear the controller or a pilot talking then briefly hold down your PTT without speaking. If you continue to hear voice, then you're not transmitting on that radio. If the voice cuts out then you are transmitting, but might be transmitting dead air if the mic is muted or if it's using a different audio input device than what you might be thinking.
AFankhauser

Post by AFankhauser »

So i found my issue. I remapped my bind for "Contact ATC" from my keyboard to my joystick. This seemed to take care of it. Not sure why i cant use my keyboard for this.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Keyboard commands only work if X-Plane is the active application. Joystick buttons work at all times.