Unable to Change Output Device

Unable to Change Output Device

Postby vualpilot@gmail.com » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:11 am

So I am new to PE, obviously. I am trying to figure out how to change the audio output in PE. I go to preference several of my audio sources are listed, however it will not allow me to change them. I am using xplane 11. Please help.
vualpilot@gmail.com

Re: Unable to Change Output Device

Postby Marcus Becker » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:29 pm

Set in widows audio settings with the default communication device.
Marcus Becker

Postby ajcarrion » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:03 pm

I have the same problem. XP11.25 can't change PE to the speakers (headsets) and XP to the TV. Any fix? The "Plugins>Pilotedge>preferences>audio output" doesn't allow any changes despite having the two options.
ajcarrion

Postby Marcus Becker » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:54 pm

X-Plane audio settings don't use what is in the Pilotedge plug in. For Windows machines you need to set up your device to be the "Default Communications Device" in the Windows audio settings.
Marcus Becker

Postby Keith Smith » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:26 pm

ajcarrion wrote:I have the same problem. XP11.25 can't change PE to the speakers (headsets) and XP to the TV. Any fix? The "Plugins>Pilotedge>preferences>audio output" doesn't allow any changes despite having the two options.

X-Plane uses the DEFAULT DEVICE from the playback device list for its output (engines, alarms, ambient noise, system-generated ATIS, etc).

PilotEdge uses the the DEFAULT COMMUNICATIONS DEVICE in the playback device list for radio output, unless its overridden by the preferences. I'm not sure why you're unable to select a device from the plugin prefs screen. Try deleting your VSProSound.ini file from the "xplane/plugins/PilotEdge/VSPro Resources" folder and starting X-Plane again. Let me know if the prefs work for you at that point.
Keith Smith

Postby ajcarrion » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:51 pm

That fixed it, Keith. Thanks! I was at wit's end.

AC
ajcarrion

Return to X-Plane