Using the GTN650 Plugin - com issues

fxvinyl

Using the GTN650 Plugin - com issues

Post by fxvinyl »

New PE user here. I am running XPlane 11 (PC) running the GTN 650 Plugin, which works great except I having trouble mapping getting the 2nd com to function. I can map and use the 650 as Com 1 without a problem, and I can monitor Com 2 in the 430, but no matter what I try I cannot get Com 2 in the 430 to transmit. I have looked through the forums and Keith had some posts about mapping coms in general, but there is something I am missing to be able to toggle between the two coms. Grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.
Keith Smith

Re: Using the GTN650 Plugin - com issues

Post by Keith Smith »

I've moved this to the x-plane specific forum. Since this topic is 100% x-plane related, please post here in the future, rather than the general forum. Otherwise, there's little point to having an x-plane forum, P3D forum, FSX forum, etc.

Go to data input & output and monitor the status of the com radios. Doing so will show you the freqs for each radio as well as an indicator as to which radio is select for transmitting. A value of 6 represents COM1. A value of 7 represents COM2. If there isn't a working transmit selector in the airplane, then you can always map a keypress or joystick button to select COM1 or COM2 for transmitting.