Viewing other nearby traffic

MikeN87

Viewing other nearby traffic

Post by MikeN87 »

Maybe I'm wrong but I though if you are connected to pilotedge you could see nearby live traffic, or to see other logged on traffic.

I was parked on a ramp at a couple of busy airports with my radio tuned to ground and or tower, I heard calls being made for movement on the ground and takeoffs and landings but I was not able to see any traffic at all.

Do I have that wrong, or is there a way to see nearby traffic.

Thx
Mike
Kevin_atc

Re: Viewing other nearby traffic

Post by Kevin_atc »

Need more information. Which airport were you at? Which sim are you using?
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
zerofay32

Post by zerofay32 »

Also, was any of the traffic on the radio actually at the same airport? All traffic on any Ground and Tower frequencies will be heard due to repeaters PE has set up to help prevent blocks/increase radio traffic.
Andrew Fay
PilotEdge V-3; CAT-11; I-11; Skyhigh 10
Commercial Pilot/Instrument ASEL/AMEL- KOSU / Commercial sUAS
MikeN87

Post by MikeN87 »

I’ll have to listen a more closely the next time I’m on but I was almost sure they were at the airport I was viewing, San Luis KSBP. I heard the controller give taxi instruction to the active runway but the pilot requested a different runway that was also at that airport. As I looked at the taxi diagram, it made sense so I tried to look for a plane taxi to 25 but I didn’t see any planes n the field. I’m almost sure the planes I heard were in the San Luis area and on the San Luis freqs.

BTW. I am running X-Plane 11 on a Mac.
zerofay32

Post by zerofay32 »

I'm not sure, but I think there is an "AI traffic" setting in X-plane that needs to be set to a number greater than 0 in order for PE to inject traffic into the sim. I believe most people just set it to 1.

Maybe check for this?
Andrew Fay
PilotEdge V-3; CAT-11; I-11; Skyhigh 10
Commercial Pilot/Instrument ASEL/AMEL- KOSU / Commercial sUAS
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

zerofay32 wrote:I'm not sure, but I think there is an "AI traffic" setting in X-plane that needs to be set to a number greater than 0 in order for PE to inject traffic into the sim. I believe most people just set it to 1.

Maybe check for this?
That's incorrect, the ability for PE to inject other objects into the sim isn't determined by that setting.

MOD note: moving this to the xplane forum since this is x-plane specific. Please use the most specific forum for these types of posts.