Parked Traffic

chasndav

Parked Traffic

Post by chasndav »

Sorry if this is wildly off base but when I use pilotedge and land at big airports (KSFO was my last experience) all of the aircraft parked at gates are Delta. I have attached a screenshot of my Pilotedge CSL folder for reference. Thanks in advance and my apologies in advance if I am asking a completely clueless question (probably am).

Charles Davenport

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 1.06.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 1.06.41 PM.png (115.51 KiB) Viewed 3911 times
Tim Krajcar

Re: Parked Traffic

Post by Tim Krajcar »

CSLs are not used to draw parked aircraft, they're only used for other 'live' traffic.

Are you using any add-on scenery for SFO? If not, this is expected behavior. If yes, parked aircraft assignments depend on:
1) the scenery creator tagging the parking locations accurately (or at all), and
2) you having a matching model for the airline assigned.

You can address #1 by using good-quality custom scenery (although not all payware has accurate gate assignments, looking at you Drzewiecki!)
You can address #2 by installing the MisterX Library, which has many parked aircraft types and liveries that X-Plane can find to draw for you.

Even if you address both of those, you'll still occasionally see oddities, like a VisionJet drawn parked at a gate, or those damn Air France CRJs parked in the USA. I'm working on a new project that will try and address these on a region-by-region basis, but my spare dev time isn't common right now. I'll be sure and post in here if it ever comes to something. :)
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube
chasndav

Post by chasndav »

Ok so just so I am clear...I am not using any add-on scenery for KSFO. I did load World Traffic 3 at one point but I have since removed it since I started using PilotEdge (just deleted it from my plugins folder). So are you saying that having parked aircraft is normal? The strange thing is that I just did a flight from KONT to KSFO. KONT had no parked aircraft (which I guess could be due to the fact that it is not that busy an airport as opposed to KSFO for example). I am still confused as to what is generating the aircraft...X-Plane? PilotEdge? I do not have "draw parked aircraft" checked in my X-Plane graphics settings so I assume it is not from there. It is also weird that I only see United and Delta parked at the gates ( i know I said only Delta last post but now I have seen united as well).

This really is not a big deal but I am just curious as to how they are getting there.
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Drawing traffic checkbox won't affect the fact that you're seeing static aircraft. They are drawn into the scenery as static objects (just like a building). They will be there whether you use PE or not.

You can remove them using WED https://developer.x-plane.com/tools/worldeditor/.

It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it. I generally remove static aircraft for any scenery I download. If you're getting them from the gateway, they import into WED and you'll just have to save it to a new folder in custom scenery.