Carenado PA32 Saratoga Disconnection

Joerg Picard

Carenado PA32 Saratoga Disconnection

Post by Joerg Picard »

Have been flying successfully with Carenado's PA32 Saratoga SP v3.2 in X-Plane 11. It's officially supported only up to X-Plane 10.5 but with the exception of a few quirks, it is a great flying experience in X-Plane 11.32. I've just added PilotEdge to my simulator and it everything works as planned for the first 10-15 minutes. After that, the service stops working. PilotEdge is still connected (at least that's what the plugin says) but I can neither hear nor can I be heard when trying to talk to ATC or listen to their ATIS. Reloading the current aircraft throuh the developer menu in X-Plane let’s me continue for another 10 minutes or so.
There's no such issue using the stock C172 that shipped with X-Plane.
For some reason, attaching files doesn't seem to work for me. Here's the one line out of the "PilotEdge_stderr.txt":
MessageControler: connection status = 45: Couldn't read [vspro.pilotedge.net:5558]
I've tried pinging this address without a problem, also Cessna 172 doesn't disconnect.
Here's the "PilotEdge_out.txt":
Starting up: PilotEdge client, V1.5.3
initVoice with device {0.0.0.00000000}.{1bda25d8-1d64-41e3-ba71-37e04f4622d7}, returned 0
PilotEdge initialized
Entered deferred startup
completed deferred startup
PTT Trigger, calling connect
Setting up connection details...
Checking for slaves...
Checking for server file...
Checking for voice service file...
looking for C:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Plane.org\Carenado PA32_Saratoga_SP_v3.2\PE_voltage.txt
looking for C:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Plane.org\Carenado PA32_Saratoga_SP_v3.2\PE_groundspeed.txt
looking for C:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Plane.org\Carenado PA32_Saratoga_SP_v3.2\PE_com_selector.txt
looking for C:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Plane.org\Carenado PA32_Saratoga_SP_v3.2\PE_com1_frequency.txt
Connecting N3539W with ICAO type: P32R
Connected to PilotEdge Server
Connected to PilotEdge Voice
Sent voice ids to server: 92,93
Checking for traffic relay file...
Traffic relay file found, address = 192.168.1.222
COM2 is now considered to be off
PTT Trigger, calling disconnect
VSProClient: disconnect() entered
MessageController::sendMsg entered: msg = QUIT
status = 37
VSProClient: sent bye
VSProClient: signalled controller entered
VSProClient: connection closed
MessageController exiting
VSProClient: disconnect() complete
PTT Trigger, calling connect
Setting up connection details...
Checking for slaves...
Checking for server file...
Checking for voice service file...
looking for C:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Plane.org\Carenado PA32_Saratoga_SP_v3.2\PE_voltage.txt
looking for C:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Plane.org\Carenado PA32_Saratoga_SP_v3.2\PE_groundspeed.txt
looking for C:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Plane.org\Carenado PA32_Saratoga_SP_v3.2\PE_com_selector.txt
looking for C:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Plane.org\Carenado PA32_Saratoga_SP_v3.2\PE_com1_frequency.txt
Connecting N3539W with ICAO type: P32R
Connected to PilotEdge Server
Connected to PilotEdge Voice
Sent voice ids to server: 98,99
Checking for traffic relay file...
Traffic relay file found, address = 192.168.1.222
COM1 is now considered to be off
PTT Trigger, calling disconnect
VSProClient: disconnect() entered
MessageController::sendMsg entered: msg = QUIT
status = 38
VSProClient: sent bye
VSProClient: signalled controller entered
VSProClient: connection closed
MessageController exiting
VSProClient: disconnect() complete
Keith Smith

Re: Carenado PA32 Saratoga Disconnection

Post by Keith Smith »

Make sure the alternator is on and that your battery is charging, that's the most likely culprit if your comms are only working for 10 minutes before dying. You can monitor battery voltage through the xplane data output page.
Joerg Picard

Post by Joerg Picard »

Wow, that might have been it. I’ve been always flying with just the left switch on because that’s what I’ve got in my real plane. Just finished an half an hour flight with both switches on and had no disconnections!

Thanks so much
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Joerg Picard wrote:Wow, that might have been it. I’ve been always flying with just the left switch on because that’s what I’ve got in my real plane. Just finished an half an hour flight with both switches on and had no disconnections!

Thanks so much
Joerg, that would absolutely be it. Don't ignore the alternator switch if it's right there :)