New Computer can't connect

AGlaysh

New Computer can't connect

Post by AGlaysh »

New computer. XP11 runs great. I have been a PE user for years with no problem. My old computer is still hooked up with XP and works fine..? I downloaded the latest PE plugin and located it in Resources>Plugins.. Restart XP and Pilot Edge shows up in menu but "connect / disconnect" is grayed out and unselectable. Any thoughts?

:?
Keith Smith

Re: New Computer can't connect

Post by Keith Smith »

You are likely running the new machine as an extra visual in the networking settings. This makes the PE plugin think that this is a multi-machine configuration with master/slave computers, with this being the slave. Hence, it disables the connect/disconnect option.

The solution is to make sure the networking screen is setup correctly in X-Plane.

Also, please post X-Plane related questions in the X-Plane forum, not the General forum as a courtesy to everyone.
AGlaysh

Post by AGlaysh »

Thanks Keith. That did the trick.. The simplest things are hardest to see.
Hopefully I will meet you down in Orlando in a couple weeks.

Best,
Adam Glaysher
"Roach"
Ryondrums

Post by Ryondrums »

I’m having the same issue. Any insight on how and where to alter these settings would be much appreciated. I haven’t been able to locate where these settings sit in windows/X-Plane
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

It's in the network settings. Same place you would go to tell xplane to send positional data to ForeFlight.