Plugin Not Working Correctly

OutlinedSaturn2

Plugin Not Working Correctly

Post by OutlinedSaturn2 »

When I launch the plugin, everything connects perfectly fine. However, I have no audio from the pilotedge network coming through my speakers and it doesn't disable the default contact atc key. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong?
Keith Smith

Re: Plugin Not Working Correctly

Post by Keith Smith »

If the contact ATC command is bringing up the ATC window, then it means the plugin wasn't able to initialize the input/output devices at the time X-Plane was loading. The solution would to be to make sure the headset is connected prior to starting X-Plane, not just prior to connecting to PilotEdge.
OutlinedSaturn2

Hi Keith,

The headset was connected prior to starting X-Plane. It might be possible that I have it configured wrong but I'm not sure how exactly that would be. I'm reinstalling both X-Plane and PilotEdge to see if that helps it but I'm not sure if that'll work. The plugin was also connected to a random audio output when I opened preferences, and not my default communications device. I would really appreciate any help you can provide.

Edit: I should also mention that I can connect to the network and see myself on the map on the website. I can also see other traffic in game
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The preferences screen showing a random device is likely because nothing was specifically overridden via a saved preference prior to that. In those cases, it should've used your default comms device for output. As a result, I am guessing the audio issue is related to the input device, but we'll see.

Can you post a copy of your pilotedge_out.txt file after you connect/disconnect?
OutlinedSaturn2

Hi Keith,

I reinstalled the game and can now hear the connected to pilotedge message. However now it says voice disabled and I still cannot hear anything. All of my input devices are connected prior to launching X-Plane, and I have them set as default communications device.

I'm not sure where that file is so if you could let me know that would be much appreciated and then I will upload it.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

What model of headset are you using? I believe there are 1 or 2 headsets that don’t work if I recall correctly.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
OutlinedSaturn2

I messed around with my audio settings a bit and found something that worked. Thank you so much for your help
Casimir

Post by Casimir »

Hi - interestingly enough I'm having the same issue.

I've made sure that the PilotEdge plugin is set to my Oculus headphones, and they are set to the default output device (with the Oculus mic set to default microphone). I cannot hear anything from PilotEdge at all. When I bring up the PilotEdge Receiver I can clearly hear the transmissions in that app, but nothing out of XPlane. I've tried setting the PilotEdge plugin to my speakers to see if it's an issue with the Rift itself, but the same issue persists - nothing from the plugin itself.

I've checked the PilotEdge_out.txt log file, and it's showing the following information:

Code: Select all

Starting up: PilotEdge client, V1.5.3
initVoice with device {0.0.0.00000000}.{b634eccc-f18c-4775-88ce-384614797329}, returned 0
PilotEdge initialized
Entered deferred startup
completed deferred startup
Setting up connection details...
Checking for slaves...
Checking for server file...
Checking for voice service file...
looking for E:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Laminar Research\Cessna 172SP REP\PE_voltage.txt
looking for E:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Laminar Research\Cessna 172SP REP\PE_groundspeed.txt
looking for E:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Laminar Research\Cessna 172SP REP\PE_com_selector.txt
looking for E:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Laminar Research\Cessna 172SP REP\PE_com1_frequency.txt
Connecting N5351E with ICAO type: C172
Connected to PilotEdge Server
Error connecting to PilotEdge voice: 1
Sent voice ids to server: 0,0
Checking for traffic relay file...
COM2 is now considered to be off
falling behind, solidering on with ptime: track count 20, prevTrack->time 1068.690107, PI->time 1068.266306, proposed time 1070.271406, delta = -2.005101
The rest of the log file is filled with the last line of the "falling behind" error above (with different times and deltas though). I reinstalled the PilotEdge plugin last night before a flight, hoping to fix this issue, but it didn't resolve it.
Cessna N5351E (A2A C172 / REP XPlane 11 C172)
Piper N5351A (Carenado Seneca V)
RogerW

Post by RogerW »

I'm not the expert on this but I believe the headset is set as default communication device not default output device.
Good luck!
Roger W.
Home: Valkaria, Fl (X59)
PE Rating: CAT-11, I-2
Real World hrs 7, Virtual hrs thousands
FSX
Aircraft: A2A Cessna 182 Skylane
Tail Number: N7365W
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCitoWL ... bagrJnQyrw
Casimir

Post by Casimir »

Alright, this is really, really strange.

I decided to reinstall X-Plane 11 from scratch, due to some other issues I was having (copied the install folder over after an OS wipe). Completely clean XP install. Brand new PilotEdge plugin install. Default Cessna.

I log into PE, and I can hear the controller fine - then I lose them. I can still hear that communication is happening on the PE Receiver, but nothing's coming through XPlane (which is interesting - the PE Receiver doesn't seem to ever lose ATC). When I can hear ATC, I can also transmit fine - when I lose them, however, my transmissions are also lost. I've tried using the volume knob, thinking maybe I somehow dropped the volume, which doesn't work. I've opened port 8081 on my router to ensure that traffic is passing through, and made sure XPlane is an allowed App in my system's firewall. I've also excluded it from my antivirus program. PE still says it's connected, but it's acting like it lost the connection entirely.

After dealing with this for a while and trying to troubleshoot it, the problem seemed to be happening at a regular time. So I started timing it by starting a timer the moment I connected to PE, and I lose ATC almost on the dot at 3 minutes and 30 seconds every time.

I've hunted through the forums looking for others who might have had the same issue, but so far nothing like this (that I've found). On a whim, I checked to see what the Config.XML file has in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\PilotEdge\PilotClient\, but that directory doesn't exist on my system.

So, I'm at a complete loss at the moment.
Cessna N5351E (A2A C172 / REP XPlane 11 C172)
Piper N5351A (Carenado Seneca V)