Can't connect

Steven Winslow

Re: Can't connect

Post by Steven Winslow »

I flew from one uncontrolled, L70 - Agua Dulce to L52 - Oceano County today. A bit windy at lower altitudes, but at 10,500 it was a nice ride. Flew my Carenado F33A. What a sweet plane. I'd love to take my Archer for a spin with you, Andrjez. My wife will be out of town next week from Monday evening to Friday mid-afternoon. I'm sure we could come up with a nice flight between two non-towereds. Maybe from L52 back to L70. L70 shuts down at sunset so we'd have to get there during daylight hours. Let me know what works for you. I'll start a post in the "fly with me" threads to see if there might be any other pilots who would like to do a little fly-in. The flight is just under an hour with a 173 tkas speed.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Steve, Sounds good.

I fly anything VFR for now, controlled, uncontrolled, trying to get VFR more fluent and then I am going to fly all IFR ratings again, this time using voice ( tremendous difference for me)

My wife comes back from Venezuela Oct 25th so by then any time after 17:00EST ( 2200Z) will be fine with me.

I will check fly with me thread. Looking forward to it. :D Will have to use BE20 , P28A will not keep up.... :)
Vybiral

Re: Can't connect - Ready to give up

Post by Vybiral »

Managed to connect MSFS-X to PE for a short time at L35 Big Bear City today, then crashed for unknown reason unrelated to PE. Disgusted with general bugginess of MSFS-X, I switched to X-Plane 9. Positioned same
aircraft (a Diamond DA-20 Eclipse trainer) at L35 ramp, engine running, filed flight plans, mapped ATC button, etc., but PE would not recognise that X-Plane 9 was running. Got error message indicating that X-Plane 9
was not running, when it clearly was. Tried placing both X-Plane AND PE on the same monitor, but no luck. I don't mind paying for this, in fact it would be a GREAT deal for only $20/month, IF I could get it to work!
Any suggestions? I've got MSFS-X, X-Plane 9 and X-Plane 10 on a dedicated 240GB Solid State Disk Drive, 12GB DDR3 RAM, high-end i7 975 quad-core CPU running at 3.86GHz, 2GB nVIDIA GTX285, multiple monitors, etc.

Honestly, trying to get PE to work has almost turned into a second full-time job instead of enhancing the fun hobby/flying/learning experience FS should be, and I'm just about ready to give up. :(

John Vybiral
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

John, I'll work with you directly on this and will update this thread when it's resolved.