ADSB traffic

davidpatton111

ADSB traffic

Post by davidpatton111 »

Per the instructions to get adsd traffic:
Navigate to the * plane/Resources/plugins/PilotEdge/VSPro Resources* folder
rename the VSProTrafficRelay.bak file to VSProTrafficRelay.ini
Problem is I don’t have that file at all. Is there a new process.
Keith Smith

Re: ADSB traffic

Post by Keith Smith »

Not sure why that would be, I'll have to look into it. Feel free to create the file yourself. It just needs to contain the current IP address of your IPad.

Note, if the iPad becomes unreachable or changes IP address, it will bog down xplane as a result of how the packets are sent from the plugin. So, only have this file in play if you know the iPad is, in fact, reachable.
biltongblatjang

Post by biltongblatjang »

Is there a way to debug why I might not be seeing traffic on foreflight on my iPad from XP11?

I have followed the instructions to broadcast to mapping apps, I have followed the instructions in https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/downloa ... are-xplane for enabling traffic in foreflight and have used the IP address of my iPad as well as the broadcast address to no avail (including newline and no newline after the IP address in VSProTrafficRelay.ini).

I'm pretty sure that foreflight is set up properly; I see my position/speed in XP11 and it functions well with traffic too in the real world.

I've been on Pilotedge now for a couple of weeks, what a great enhancement and it has made a real difference to my IFR training. Thanks!

Russ
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Have a look at your PilotEdge_out.txt file in the xplane root directory, it should tell you if it's locating the file and transmitting the traffic data.
biltongblatjang

Post by biltongblatjang »

Thanks for the quick reply. I checked everything again, started up and now I see traffic ... all working!
I unhid distant traffic in FF and moved to KLAX and now I see plenty of traffic. FYI PilotEdge_out.txt;

Starting up: PilotEdge client, V1.5.3
initVoice with device {0.0.0.00000000}.{eea*..c5eb}, returned 0
PilotEdge initialized
Entered deferred startup
completed deferred startup
Setting up connection details...
Checking for slaves...
Checking for server file...
Checking for voice service file...
looking for C:\Users\Public\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Carenado\Carenado CT182T_G1000_v1.2\PE_voltage.txt
looking for C:\Users\Public\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Carenado\Carenado CT182T_G1000_v1.2\PE_groundspeed.txt
looking for C:\Users\Public\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Carenado\Carenado CT182T_G1000_v1.2\PE_com_selector.txt
looking for C:\Users\Public\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Carenado\Carenado CT182T_G1000_v1.2\PE_com1_frequency.txt
Connecting N18213 with ICAO type: C182
Connected to PilotEdge Server
Connected to PilotEdge Voice
Sent voice ids to server: 300,301
Checking for traffic relay file...
Traffic relay file found, address = 10.0.0.51
COM2 is now considered to be off

Russ