Com 1 and Com 2 Technical Issues

skyhigh

Com 1 and Com 2 Technical Issues

Post by skyhigh »

Hi,

I'm running XP11. I'm able to transmit and receive on COM 1 but for some reason, even though COM 2 is audible, I am unable to transmit on COM 2.

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.
Ken Quinn

Re: Com 1 and Com 2 Technical Issues

Post by Ken Quinn »

I know nothing about X-Plane, specifically, but in the real world "Audio Panel" there is a switch that allows the pilot to switch between "Transmit Comm 1/Transmit Comm2/ Transmit Both" I fly FSX (still) and in the control menu there is a provision for assigning a button, switch or keyboard key for either comm1 or comm 2. Same for FSUIPC (which is what I use). In my cockpit I built my own Audio Panel from Cockpit PhD parts, and I have a rotary switch that I can switch from transmitting on radio 1 or 2. I have not found a way to transmit of both simultaneously (at least in FSX?FSUIPC) as in some RW units. I don't know if this is possible in X-Plane. I you're curious, for pix of my cockpit see

https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2019/07/ ... more-22727

Hope this helps.

Ken
Keith Smith

Re: Com 1 and Com 2 Technical Issues

Post by Keith Smith »

Moving this to the xplane forum. This is covered in this sticky post in that same forum regarding how to transmit on com1 vs com2: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5690

Keith