JF Archer - Map magneto switch to controller

BradG

JF Archer - Map magneto switch to controller

Post by BradG »

Hoping someone can at least get me pointed in the right direction:

Goal: Map the left and right ceiling-mounted magneto rocker switches to two toggle switches on my Thrustmaster controller

The issue: X-Plane does not seem to offer mapping choices under the controller switch programming that match having two separate switches, one for each magneto.

Detail: The JustFlight Archer III has ceiling-mounted switches for a number of functions including primer, starter engage, landing lights, and mags. It does NOT have the typical key switch with the positions of "off, left mag only, right mag only, both, and starter engage". I do not know where to start to see if it is possible to map the two separate mag switches in the Arrow to two toggle switches on my controller.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. Also, if this can't be done, I would love to know that as well.

Brad
Keith Smith

Re: JF Archer - Map magneto switch to controller

Post by Keith Smith »

there are commands to set the #1 engine to LEFT or RIGHT mag. If you're on the LEFT setting, that will kill the right mag. If you're on the RIGHT setting, that will kill the left mag.