Issue with selecting audio device in the Plugin

gregnbrown

Issue with selecting audio device in the Plugin

Post by gregnbrown »

I am having an issue with the plugin.  I am not able to change my default audio devices.  I have one input device which is my Flight Sound X (only option) and I have multiple output devices, one is the computer speakers and the other is the  Flight Sound X. The plugin defaults to the USB speakers for the computer and I am unable to select the Flight Sound X device.  It's as if the plugin is "locked" from making any changes.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, and that did not seem to help.  I did find a work around at one point where I had to change the device in Windows and "tricked" the plugin to re-order the devices, However, that does not seem to work now. I am running X-Plane 11.50r3.  I needed to upgrade because of a compatibility issue with RealSimGear and the TorqueSim SR22 plane.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a manual config file I can make the changes to, rather than use the plugin GUI?
Keith Smith

Re: Issue with selecting audio device in the Plugin

Post by Keith Smith »

Have seen this happen if the 'saved' device (stored in the prefs file) no longer exists. Try removing your VSProSound.ini file then starting xplane.

Also, I moved this to the xplane forum. Please post simulator-specific issues in the most specific forum you can find, otherwise General just becomes a mess.