How do you file a flight plan?

xim

How do you file a flight plan?

Post by xim »

Stupid question im sure but i dont know how to file a flight plan with pilots edge no info found on website or forums.
Is the flight plan filed via the (x-plane) client after connection?
Oh and whilemim at it i have a complaint already! I thought california was supposed to be sunny! Can i order up some nicer weather please :)
Thanks
Steven Winslow

Re: How do you file a flight plan?

Post by Steven Winslow »

Yes, you file an IFR flight plan using the VSPro plugin. Go to your plugins menu, just like you do to connect to PilotEdge, select VSPro, scroll down to File Flight Plan (or does it say File IFR?) and it will open another dialog window. Enter your flight plan information there and click submit or file or send. Sorry, don't have access to X-Plane right now.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

xim,

The X-Plane pilot client is incredibly light, with just a few options. Once you're up and running, take a little time to look through the few choices that are there and you should be good to go :)
Jeff Leeper

Post by Jeff Leeper »

I could use an alternate flight plan filing method as well.
I connect to PilotEdge.net via my visual PC, which is a curved screen, warped to fit projection. It is very cumbersome to type, and I have to unwarp the screens in order to be able to click on a given field. A nice iPhone/iPad app would even be better :)