High level of FPS fluctuation + stutter while connected

jgoth

High level of FPS fluctuation + stutter while connected

Post by jgoth »

I uploaded a video of the phenomenon on YT. What it shows is a much lower variance of FPS when disconnected and high variance (left tail) while connected. The visual result is a very noticeable degree of stutter. I showed myself banking near the end both connected and disconnected to illustrate the choppiness along the horizon. I do not have a VSProTrafficRelay.ini (only shows .bak file in that folder)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jttPkgi21Rk
Kevin_atc

Re: High level of FPS fluctuation + stutter while connected

Post by Kevin_atc »

Didn’t want the video, but try connecting to the network at KORD. Do you still experience the same frame rate issues?
The ini vs bak is for foreflight connection. Not certain how that’s relevant here unless the video would explain that to me.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Kevin, the VSProTrafficRelay.ini file enables the sending of data to ForeFlight. There's a known issue where the frame rate in the sim can tank if the iPad isn't powered up or its IP address has changed. The poster was pointing out that it wasn't a factor in this case.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Can you take XPRealistic out of the plugin mix and see if you still have the issue?
jgoth

Post by jgoth »

The problem seems to be non-deterministic in nature. I tried yesterday and was successful without changing anything, that is until I disconnected and reconnected (I changed my tail number on the connect screen without placing a 'N' prefix so I recycled the connection to remedy the issue after ATC alerted me). The problem surfaced immediately upon the reconnect. I could just quit and restart X-Plane as an antidote for the time being. Seems very odd.

XPRealistic has no correlated effect. I actually tried disabling that before attempting to connect. It was also disabled throughout my latest iteration when it worked well and then didn't.