Page 1 of 1

High level of FPS fluctuation + stutter while connected

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:01 am
by jgoth
I uploaded a video of the phenomenon on YT. What it shows is a much lower variance of FPS when disconnected and high variance (left tail) while connected. The visual result is a very noticeable degree of stutter. I showed myself banking near the end both connected and disconnected to illustrate the choppiness along the horizon. I do not have a VSProTrafficRelay.ini (only shows .bak file in that folder)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jttPkgi21Rk

Re: High level of FPS fluctuation + stutter while connected

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:15 am
by Kevin_atc
Didn’t want the video, but try connecting to the network at KORD. Do you still experience the same frame rate issues?
The ini vs bak is for foreflight connection. Not certain how that’s relevant here unless the video would explain that to me.

Re: High level of FPS fluctuation + stutter while connected

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:03 am
by Keith Smith
Kevin, the VSProTrafficRelay.ini file enables the sending of data to ForeFlight. There's a known issue where the frame rate in the sim can tank if the iPad isn't powered up or its IP address has changed. The poster was pointing out that it wasn't a factor in this case.

Re: High level of FPS fluctuation + stutter while connected

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:05 am
by Keith Smith
Can you take XPRealistic out of the plugin mix and see if you still have the issue?

Re: High level of FPS fluctuation + stutter while connected

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:54 am
by jgoth
The problem seems to be non-deterministic in nature. I tried yesterday and was successful without changing anything, that is until I disconnected and reconnected (I changed my tail number on the connect screen without placing a 'N' prefix so I recycled the connection to remedy the issue after ATC alerted me). The problem surfaced immediately upon the reconnect. I could just quit and restart X-Plane as an antidote for the time being. Seems very odd.

XPRealistic has no correlated effect. I actually tried disabling that before attempting to connect. It was also disabled throughout my latest iteration when it worked well and then didn't.