Radio 2 No Transmission

FlyElias

Radio 2 No Transmission

Post by FlyElias »

Hi Folks,

I'm using PE in X-Plane 11. When I try to communicate on Radio 2 it is not heard on any frequency, but when I tune 123.45 on both radios I can hear on both. Is this something in PE of which I am unaware, or is this just me? I remember - I think - being able to transmit on radio 2 when I started in PE.

Mind you, I can receive on radio 2, I simply cannot transmit on it.

Kind Regards,
FlyElias
Kevin_atc

Re: Radio 2 No Transmission

Post by Kevin_atc »

Which aircraft are you using? Several of the X-Plane default aircraft do not have COM2 transmit capability.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Use the DATA INPUT AND OUTPUT screen in xplane, enabling the display of the COM RADIOS variable. A value of '6' on the last value indicates COM1 will be used for transmitting. A value of '7' means COM2 will be used for transmitting.

Nearly EVERY audio panel gets the RX option for com1 and com2 correct. Many panels do not have working TRANSMIT selectors, though.

This is not a PE issue. It's simply an audio panel design issue in most cases, with several designers neglecting to tie the button/knob into the correct xplane function. The use of the data output function removes all mystery as to what X-Plane (and, as a result, PilotEdge) thinks is going on. All PilotEdge does is ask xplane which radio is selected for transmitting.
FlyElias

Post by FlyElias »

To Kevin and Keith,

I am using the default Cessna 172 with REP.

I am looking at the COMM data and see that when I select COM 1 on my Audio Selection Panel, I show a value of 6.0000. When I select COM 2 on the panel, I show a value of 7.0000. This means that it should be working, no? Note that when I do a radio check on 123.45, I am able to transmit to myself on both COM 1 and COM2, but I cannot transmit to the PE controllers.

All the Best,
FlyElias
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

I can help you troubleshoot this in real time if you swing by our Discord: http://www.pilotedge.net/discord
It's a bit tough to do effective troubleshooting over the forums as there's a lot of back and forth that needs to occur between us.

If you're unfamiliar with Discord: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TAWghD ... =PilotEdge
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Half resolved via discord. COM1/2 issue was due to PTT not being assigned to "Contact ATC." User assigned button to "Contact ATC" and it worked great.

Second issue is choppy internet connection. Sounds like some packet loss. User is going to order a hard wire cable to try hard wire vs. Wifi.

Keith, any ports he can look into opening up? I'm not great when it comes to networking.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

FlyElias, my post was predicated on the assumption that you'd mapped the PTT exactly as our installation instructions state. If you map the button directly to the underlying TRANSMIT COM1 function, then all bets are off. Those functions are there for specific military aircraft which have dedicated PTTs for each radio. If you configure it as our installation video/docs recommend, then the written guidance that I provided will be accurate.

Kevin, regarding the network ports, they're either open or they're blocked. They can't be partially clogged :) If he has choppy internet, that can't be altered by opening more ports.