Install question

Firstinflight

Install question

Post by Firstinflight »

Apologize in advance because there a few topics on this question. Unfortunately I am still unclear and am too apprehensive to load software without understanding it completely.

I am on FS9, with my main PC powering wrap around visuals. I have 4 other PCs doing the instrumentation, weather, etc.
I run WideFs/wide client.

I see that PE can be run on a remote PC. Am just not clear though.

I have downloaded the setup file. I understand that I MUST install it on the main FS9 PC.
What is the"client" that needs to be installed on the remote PC with WideFS running? Is there a different download for that and Where is that download available?

Regards,
CPJ
Keith Smith

Re: Install question

Post by Keith Smith »

For fs9, install PE on the main computer.

To see traffic on any additional display, you should be able to join the MP session that is running on the main computer as an observer.

It is a bit of work, but fs9 was not really built for this task.
Firstinflight

Post by Firstinflight »

Thanks Keith, for the quick response.
I will go back to my pit and try it right away.
Dont need the ability to see traffic on any additional computers.

Another question -
Given this setup, i need to plug my headset and mic into the main PC right? Is there no way to be able use a WideFS PC to plug my headset and mic into?
The PTT switch - on my control wheel - needs to be configured. Is this done within the PE Client?

CPJ
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Actually, I have not tried it with WideFS. It comes to this, you need to run PilotEdge on a computer that is also running FS9. I'm not familiar enough with WideFS to know if you also run FS9 on each computer, or if it's a standalone application.

If it's the former, meaning you DO run FS9 on those other computers, then it's possible that you could run PilotEdge on one of those instead of the master machine, I suppose.

As for programming the PTT, the PE client has two mechanisms for handing that:
1) you can map a keypress to the PTT function (this is the Scroll Lock key by default, but can be changed in the Options->Voice tab). You can, in turn, use third party software to map the pushing of a button on the yoke to that keypress. Joker (https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/danorris/www/joker/) or the Saitek Profile Editor are good examples of these utilities.

2) OR, you can use a built-in function of the registered version of FSUIPC to trigger the PTT function. The function is RW_AVC_PTT, something like that.