Can I switch the drone traffic off?

Uwe Kaffka

Can I switch the drone traffic off?

Post by Uwe Kaffka »

Today i tried to make my I1-Test and just 100 above the minimum of the ILS19R KSNA my FS9 and the PE client are frozen.

It' s the thrid time that the system freezes and i couldn't restart it, only by pushing the PWR Switch. The freezing situations are different. Ones it happened while I was on patternwork in Van Nuyes (default scenery), another time it frozen while I'm enroute near PDZ VOR at 7000ft and today I was on final as mentioned above (KSNA Add On Scenery).

I think the resaon for that is the drone traffic, so is there a way to switch it off?
Calvin Waterbury

Re: Can I switch the drone traffic off?

Post by Calvin Waterbury »

Uwe Kaffka wrote:Today i tried to make my I1-Test and just 100 above the minimum of the ILS19R KSNA my FS9 and the PE client are frozen.

It' s the thrid time that the system freezes and i couldn't restart it, only by pushing the PWR Switch. The freezing situations are different. Ones it happened while I was on patternwork in Van Nuyes (default scenery), another time it frozen while I'm enroute near PDZ VOR at 7000ft and today I was on final as mentioned above (KSNA Add On Scenery).

I think the resaon for that is the drone traffic, so is there a way to switch it off?
If you are on the network I do not think drone traffic can be turned off. Try temporarily removing your "KSNA Add On Scenery" folder and try it. Report back.
Windows 8.1 (64)
ASUS 17" Laptop
2.4 GHz I7-4700HQ CPU
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
1 TB HDD
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

You can reduce the multiplayer visibility to just a few miles, that should greatly reduce the number of aircraft that it tries to create in your environment.
Uwe Kaffka

Post by Uwe Kaffka »

Calvin Waterbury wrote: Try temporarily removing your "KSNA Add On Scenery" folder and try it. Report back.

Do you really think it`s the scenery?! :?

It happens for the first time in KSNA. The two other events appears on complete different locations. Only one thing is all the time the same, the green bar in top of the window appears which shows me that something or somebody joins, then things goes worse or better frozen. That`s why I`ve the drones in suspicions. I can`t redjust the situations. So I flew, as it happens the second time to me near PDZ VOR, the same route with the same plane one hour later and all goes well. Also in Catalina Island I`ve a lot of drones around me but the FS9 working there, although with a low FPS but it`s working.

I`m really confused.
Keith Smith wrote:You can reduce the multiplayer visibility to just a few miles, that should greatly reduce the number of aircraft that it tries to create in your environment.
After I read some Threads in the Forum I reduced it already down to 10.5 miles. Since I`dont use any TCAS I`ll try now 5 miles.

I`ll keep you updated. Thanks for the first help.

Greetings from Berlin, Germany
Uwe
Calvin Waterbury

Post by Calvin Waterbury »

Uwe Kaffka wrote:
Do you really think it`s the scenery?! :?
It could be. Yes, bad scenery files can cause a lot of problems. Some problems seem to work just fine sometimes, but later they will cause a problem including a freeze, etc.
It happens for the first time in KSNA. The two other events appears on complete different locations. Only one thing is all the time the same, the green bar in top of the window appears which shows me that something or somebody joins, then things goes worse or better frozen. That`s why I've the drones in suspicions. I can`t readjust the situations. So I flew, as it happens the second time to me near PDZ VOR, the same route with the same plane one hour later and all goes well. Also in Catalina Island I`ve a lot of drones around me but the FS9 working there, although with a low FPS but it`s working.
We need to take things one step at a time. So, did you remove the KSNA add-on scenery folder from the "Custom Scenery?" Just put the "KSAN" add-on folder on your Desktop for now. We need to test only using the default scenery for KSNA for now. Please do so and report back here.
I`m really confused.
Hi Uwe,
No need to be confused and don't give up. Every problem has a solution and there is a lot of help available. :)
Windows 8.1 (64)
ASUS 17" Laptop
2.4 GHz I7-4700HQ CPU
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
1 TB HDD
Uwe Kaffka

Post by Uwe Kaffka »

Took two flights today. One pattern with the KSNA Scenery and now the I1 with default scenery. Ecxept the real weather download*, all worked well, also with drones and other traffic (2 online pilots near me).

*unable to download the weather due to internet connection problem. It concerned the weather download only. Internet seems to work well (fast load of Internetsites, no connetion problems with PE, Voice loud and clear, other traffic on the field)

thanks for your support