[FS9] Lock up

wdibert

[FS9] Lock up

Post by wdibert »

Hi
I am trying to get connected on the system with FS9. I have followed all instructions to the 'T' and still am having problems. It seems after logging on the program locks up. I have engine sound but can do nothing. This happens about 3 to 5 minutes into the program. I know I am logged into the server because I can see it on the website Pilot Edge under Pilots online.

Now I have disabled all scenery files except the stock ones with the program thinking there was an issue in there. Still locks up. If I log on outside LAX area airports I have no trouble getting in and Sqwakbox will start out fine. If I am at LAX I cannot get past the sign of the program at the white box that comes up. Let me know what else info you need. If I have to I will fry the program and re-install it. I have had no trouble on VATSIM but still there could be issues here with stuff in the program that just causes it to lock up. I do have all updates that I am aware of and Sqwakbox program I have is not a registered one. At this time I have not purchased a license. Waiting to see if it is really necessary.

Wayne
Keith Smith

Re: Lock up

Post by Keith Smith »

Wayne,

Thanks for the info. By 'license', I'm going to assume you are referring to FSUIPC. It should not be necessary on a standalone machine, afaik (FS9/X is new to me, though, so if anyone else has thoughts, let me know).

Are you running as a module or the standalone exe?

We had one report from a FS9 user that had FSINN installed and needed to disable AIBridge. He also reduced his MP visibility to a fairly low number (ie, 3nm), but I'm not sure if it was the former or the latter that fixed it. I suspect it was the former.

Let me know if you have FSINN installed (assuming AIBridge is associated with that), and if you're familiar with AIBridge and how to disable it.
wdibert

Post by wdibert »

I do not use FSINN on my computer though I do have the software. I did get connected and not lock up though. I lowered the vis of other planes down to 3. I will experiment and see how far out I can go though. I will put all my scenery files back in and let you know how everything turns out. I was able to talk to LAX_CTR tonight but I didn't hear any of the pilots talking.

Well so far so good. Thanks

Wayne
Dan Everette

Post by Dan Everette »

wdibert wrote:I do not use FSINN on my computer though I do have the software.
Wayne,

Just want to clarify... You have it, and while you don't use it, the software package (including FSWIN) is NOT installed? Easiest way to check to to reboot, and fire up the sim. Once everything is running, do you have an icon in your system tray (down by the clock -- note might have to click the double-up arrow to see all the icons) that looks like 2 side-by-side traffic lights (2x3)?

If not, then no worries.. If so, then need to double-click on that icon, and make sure in the options that the autostart AIBridge is unchecked, for testing.

Good luck!

Post by wdibert »

Yes Keith, you are right. I have the software but it is not installed. It seems as if the density of MP has an affect on my computer and how FS9 behaves. So I will do more tweaking and get back to you on what I have learned and give you the specs of my computer. When FS9 came out my computer was designed to optimize it. Thats why I really haven't upgraded to FSX. I did get on line and do a pattern fly and contact LAX CTR apparently for a test. Seems to work fine but I could not hear any of the pilots on line. I am going to try again tonight after 9pm est.

Thanks for all your help. Just call on me for anything you need or would like me to test.

Wayne
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Wayne,

That was actually Dan that posted the helpful reply above. Thank you, Dan :)

You will only hear pilots that are on the same frequency as you (as you would expect on a two-way radio). The controller will be working multiple frequencies, though, and when they transmit, they're heard on all of the frequencies that they effectively cover, given the staffing configuration at the time (not that you need to be aware of it, you simply dial the frequency for the facility and fire away).

If you can hear ATC and they can hear you, then you're golden.

It sounds like you've verfied that AIBridge is not running, so that's good.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Wayne,

I know you were having some connection issues last night. I sent some suggestions to another pilot (Calvin W) who was having a problem with lockups in FS9 when connecting to the network.

Both of the following solutions worked (and have now been added to the FS9 plugin announcement thread, as well as the known issues list on the site)
1) run the pilot client via the standalone exe rather than a module, or
2) connect to the network at a remote location where there are no other aircraft (KSEA, KSLC, KPHX, etc), THEN relocate to the desired airport.