SB4: other aircraft stuttering

Kyle Weber

SB4: other aircraft stuttering

Post by Kyle Weber »

Hello all,

I've primarily been a user of FSInn for the past few years. One of the best features I like is being able to edit how other pilots' aircraft show up on-the-fly (e.g. changing it from a VIP aircraft to the correct ProjectAI model/livery).

However, recently I'm trying to get SB4 back up for PE (and maybe use it for FSX...I mainly still use FS9). It seems whenever I see other aircraft in SB4, their position updating is not fluid at all. Rather, it is jerky as aircraft seem to jump down the taxiway or in the air. I've disabled formation flying mode, set my SB4 aircraft visibility to ~13 miles and increased the position update frequency to 20 times/second. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can improve this? I don't recall ever seeing this problem in SB3.

Thanks very much.
Last edited by Kyle Weber on Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle Weber
PPL, ASEL; IA student
Keith Smith

Re: SB4: other aircraft stuttering

Post by Keith Smith »

Kyle,

I'll add this as a known issue. Can you try locking your sim frame rate at 20fps and let me know if that helps at all?

If not, I will try to replicate this and see what's going on. If you're able to fly in FSX, it's going to fundamentally be a smoother experience because we're able to update the aircraft positions per-frame, rather than on a fixed clock.
Kyle Weber

Re: SB4: other aircraft stuttering

Post by Kyle Weber »

Sure thing, I'll give it a shot

Thanks.
Kyle Weber
PPL, ASEL; IA student