Looking to join, a quick question.

WilliamJSS

Looking to join, a quick question.

Post by WilliamJSS »

Hello,

I have been watching this progress slowly, and I have to admit that I am about to the point of opening my wallet and joining the ranks.
I have a question though in regards to the client that is used to join the server. I currently use FSInn for Vatsim, and would have no real problem switching over to your SB version, but the part where it states that I cannot run FSX as an Admin has me wondering. I currently do run as an admin, but am unsure of the effect of not running it this way to connect to your server.

I don't have FSX installed into the x86 area, but on another drive...would that be the reason what people say to run as admin? Reason I am asking, as I do have a bunch of addons, and wouldn't want to mess anything up by switching to non admin.

Anyone else here use addons like PMDG and ORBX? These are pretty much my main addons that I wouldn't want to mess up in anyway changing settings with the exe.

Sorry if this post made no sense.

Thank You
William S
Keith Smith

Re: Looking to join, a quick question.

Post by Keith Smith »

William,

3 things, I hope they all help:

1) there is a 2 week trial. If things aren't working out, cancel any time, and pay nothing.

2) toggling the 'run as admin' setting is very straight forward. If you change it, and things stop working, you can set it back, and all will be as it was

3) we suggest people do not run as admin if they're using a keyboard-based push to talk mechanism, or a joystick to keypress maping system (like Joker). This is because is FSX is running as Admin, it will 'swallow' the keypress before PE gets a chance to detect the keypress (it runs as a separate app). However, if you're using a PTT mechanism that's based on FSUIPC, then you can feel free to continue to run FSX as Admin.

If you have any questions, fire away!
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

FWIW I run FSX as Admin and have no issues with SB4 - I use a PTT key.

Oops thread revival!
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

Just FYI...I have both installed: FSINN and the PE Client. When I use VATSIM I run FSINN, with PE I run the PE client. Everything works great. No conflict whatsoever. PTT works on both without changing anything (after the first config of course). Several times I have switched from VATSIM to PE and viceversa without even restarting. Again, no problems.
Last edited by TexFly on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex (N705AT)
Check out my sim: http://www.createandsolve.com