Getting a "side-by-side configuration" Error

Firstinflight

Re: Getting a "side-by-side configuration" Error

Post by Firstinflight »

You got it...
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

Hate to bring up an old thread, but I'm not receiving the side-by-side error on a new PC build. Windows 7 - 64 bit.

Saw the google suggestions for installing visual basic and C++ and all that good stuff. I believe I've done all that, but still no go. Should I try installing a specific simconnect version from somewhere?
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

What's the exact version of FSX and the exact version of simconnect that are installed?
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

I should have looked at the forum (found this thread directly from a google search), however it's with P3D as I am not installing FSX on the new PC. Maybe it's as simple as installing simconnect from the FSX SDK folder on the disk though?

I'm not sure on the simmconnect version, but can have a look this evening. How would I go about finding the version?
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If you do an install where you tell it that you're installing on multiple machines and this is the pilot client machine, it should install the simconnect client that we ship with.
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

Keith Smith wrote:If you do an install where you tell it that you're installing on multiple machines and this is the pilot client machine, it should install the simconnect client that we ship with.
I'll give that a go tonight Keith - thank you!
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

Hey Keith... I Just want to say thank you. Your suggestion solved my side-by-side error problem and all appears back to normal now.
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air