Getting a "side-by-side configuration" Error

BonanzaDude

Getting a "side-by-side configuration" Error

Post by BonanzaDude »

So I got a new laptop to run TS, FSInn and PE. I went through the installation for all of them and they all work with the exception of PE. I downloaded the latest PE client from the PilotEdge website. The laptop is running Win7 32 bit Enterprise SP1.

I am getting the following error that has been attached.
PE Error side-by-side.jpg
PE Error side-by-side.jpg (51.41 KiB) Viewed 9366 times
In doing a search on Google, at first I thought it was a C++ error, so I uninstalled the PE client, ran CCleaner and installed the 2005, 2008 and 2010 distributable packages and went through all of the MS updates. I the reinstalled PE and was getting the same error. I checked to see what version of Simconnect I was using, which was v10.0.60905.0. Still didn't work. So I uninstalled that version of Simconnect and installed a new version that Keith had sent me awhile back, which was v10.0.61259.0. It still isn't working.

Here is what I am seeing in the Application Viewer (it is asking for another version of Simconnect):
PE App Viewer.jpg
PE App Viewer.jpg (87.52 KiB) Viewed 9365 times
Any ideas? And no I don't plan on fixing it by installing PE on my flight sim computer. I use the second computer for TS and other programs and I don't want to wear 2 headsets. :D

Thanks,
John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H
Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements
My YouTube Videos
http://www.twitch.tv/Sim_Dude
Keith Smith

Re: Getting a "side-by-side configuration" Error

Post by Keith Smith »

John,

I think the installer that's on the web site still has the wrong SimConnect version. That's what's causing the Side by Side error from windows.

You can either use SimConnect for FSX SP2 or FSX SP1. I think the installer on the web site still has SimConnect from stock FSX.

I'll send you the right installer on Monday and will build a new version of the installer. This dropped off my radar after the last update, sorry about that.
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

Keith,

FYI. In looking for some answers for the problem, it looks like AS2012 is using the v10.3.61242.0.

John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
My YouTube Videos
Bilworth

Post by Bilworth »

Same problem here. Can't get it up and running.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The build is done, but I am out of time today and can't test it. I'd rather not ship without testing, so this will have to be done tomorrow.
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

Fixed. Logged in and plan to do a flight tonight.

Thanks Keith!!!

John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
My YouTube Videos
Firstinflight

Post by Firstinflight »

I was a happy user of PE for 4 days when i upgraded to FSX and now i simply cant get PE to run on that same remote PC that it was running on successfully with FS9 via WideClient.

I have installed WideClient for FSUIPC4. FSUIPC4 is working well with other software like Project Magenta.

I have since learnt and spent the entire day yesterday updating FSX with SP1A and then SP2.
I have placed the SimConnect .XML and .INI files in the correct folders on the FSX Machine. Have also changed the IP address to reflect my setup.

I have installed SimConnect on the Client (remote) PC.

I have added the SimConnect.CFG file into the correct folder on the Client PC. Have modified the IP address here as well to reflect my setup.

I have added the NEtwork Shares and am able to successfully read/write into those folders.
I have tested with AITraffic.exe and i was finally able to get the result window indicating success in connecting to FSX. So SimConnect is successfully connecting to FSX.

Its only PE that fails to run - errors out with a side-by-side error.

I have tried using the SimConnect.Msi from the links in prior posts on this forum. No success.
I finally tried to reinstall PE on the Client and ran the SimConnect Installer that came with PE. No Success.

Win7 on both FSX Machine and the remote machine.

Not sure where to look next??

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
CPJ
Firstinflight

Post by Firstinflight »

Also noticed -
App Viewer indicates PE is looking SimConnect 10.0.61242
PE installs SimConnect 10.0.60905
And the latest SP2 SimConnect installer installs 10.6127x

Well, its been a full day of troubleshooting yesterday and about half day today, just about to stop and give up.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Not sure why the previously issued links to simconnect would not work.

I forgot about this issue, I will get the build published on Monday from the office.

I will provide you with the correct simconnect installer via email when able.

With multicore computers, there are no advantages of running the client remotely except in rare hardware configurations. I am at lunch, can't write anymore than that for now.
Keith