NORM and STBY Modes - FSUIPC offsets

Firstinflight

NORM and STBY Modes - FSUIPC offsets

Post by Firstinflight »

Do we know what FSUIPC offsets are used by PilotEdge for NORM and STBY modes?

i got my SIOC scripts working on OpenCockpits radios and ATC modules. However using the Squawkbox offset 7B91 to control STBY and NORM doesnt seem to change PilotEdge modes. I know that there was another thread on this topic in Oct 2011 where Keith had responded that he did not believe that the SB offsets for XPDR had been changed.

Given that a year had gone by, was checking if anyone knew what the offsets were? If would be nice not to use the mouse to switch these modes.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
CPJ
TexFly

Re: NORM and STBY Modes - FSUIPC offsets

Post by TexFly »

I believe it was me.

No luck with the offsets. At that time I wanted to run PE from a remote machine and program a button to PTT.

I ended up using the FSUIPC configuration with a button on my Saitek yoke running on the same sim pc. It works great but I'm still interested to a separate button.

Therefore the offset topic for me....is still alive! :twisted:
Alex (N705AT)
Check out my sim: http://www.createandsolve.com
Firstinflight

Post by Firstinflight »

The odd thing is that this works fine via FSUIPC 3.x on FS9 - using the Squawkbox offset 7b91 or through the XPDR Toggle FSUIPC configuration.

Even though Pete Dowson has implemented the Squawkbox 4 offset 7b91 in FSUIPC 4, it is still not possible to change the mode via using the offset.

another validation -
On FSUIPC 3/FS9, if we use the mouse button on PilotEdge client and click on the NORM or STBY buttons, the offset value changes (if you enable logging on FSUIPC and watch the offset on the FS9 window).
- But this does not happen in FSUIPC 4/FSX. Clicking the buttons does not change the offset.

I realize that PE is using SimConnect on FSX. Any suggestions? I would like to stop using the mouse to control the XPDR on FSX.

Thanks in advance,
firstinflight
Firstinflight

Post by Firstinflight »

TexFly wrote:
I ended up using the FSUIPC configuration with a button on my Saitek yoke running on the same sim pc. It works great but I'm still interested to a separate button.
Are you saying that the button on your yoke switches the NORM/STBY modes with PE running on the same PC as FSX?

i just installed FSX on a new PC, patched it to SP1, SP2 and installed FSUIPC, registered it. I tried setting a button on my yoke to XPDR toggle and it does NOT change PE modes. How you get that to work?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I have been away at back to back conferences this week. I will look into this issue during the week now that I am back.
Firstinflight

Post by Firstinflight »

Thanks Keith. it will be nice to get it working.

Its not that much of an issue. Its just that in a full scale sim pit, the mouse and keyboard are all tucked away because there is no need for them.

Its more of an annoyance, I guess.
After your controller provides taxi clearance, one is well set and tuned to thinking about the departure procedure plate. The checklist asks for XPDR to be set and in the flow of things, i have already set the hardware XPDR to TA/RA - not realizing that I need the mouse to set the PE XPDR. Then the controller ends up reminding that its not set to Mode C!

Thats pretty much the issue... i guess its just me being a realism chaser!

sorry for the bother.

one more time... PE is a fantastic asset to the hobby.

regards,
CPJ
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

CPJ,

I have the same problem. What I meant is that I have it working using FSINN not PE. I have a button to cycle between "I", "S" and "C". Very cool.

With the PE client I'm always on "C" because I do want to go on the big monitor with the mouse and click on the little panel which I keep hidden. It penalizes the simulation too much for my taste...

I spent a lot of time on this a year ago when I started with PE. Hopefully Keith will fix this soon!!! ;)

At least now I'm not alone :D
Alex (N705AT)
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

This weekend I also tried to use the hardcoded offsets in FSUIPC. It is specified "SB4" in the list.

Unfortunately...no luck! :shock:

Keith, hint...hint!

;)
Alex (N705AT)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Some of the offsets are different. This was intentional so that it could co-exist with an SB4 installation. Don't sink more time into it, you're not going to get far without the source code. I will check it out when I can. I'm back from AOPA Summit and will try to get to it this week.
XOrionFE

Post by XOrionFE »

Keith,

Was the offset issue ever corrected? I cannot seem to get my transponder mode switch to interact with the Pilot Edge client. This makes it very difficult in a cockpit when one has to jump out and change this on the computer running the PE software with a mouse.

Thank you,
Scott