Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Most of that is probably garbage but there you go. Restarting doesn't help
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
Keith Smith

Re: PE Client Crash

Post by Keith Smith »

I have been getting quite a few reports of this in the last few days, it was ever since we moved to the data center, near as I can tell. It appears to be client specific as there aren't any reported cases of this from X-Plane.

I'll likely swap back to the original server until we can debug what is specifically causing these widespread client issues.

Keith
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Ryan,

A customer of ours (with a private server), started experiencing these crashes not long, too. This implies that it has nothing to do with our server relocation. The fact that xplane users aren't reporting any mass crashing issues also implies it's not a server issue.

Another user recently reported that Windows Defender just starting blocking PE for him. I wonder if that's related.

Here's how to switch it off in Vista: http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/wind ... -on-or-off (turning it off

And here's how to switch it off in Windows 7: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 69f77c78e2

For those that have had this issue (Ryan, Mike G, Matt M), can you try this and post in this thread with the results?
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

Hmmm, I've not changed anything recently, hardware or software. FWIW Windows Defender is turned off.

I was able to connect again after about 5 minutes of trying to restart PE client.
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Ryan,

That pretty much kills the Windows Defender theory, then. Thanks for checking.

When it does crash, does it happen immediately upon restart, immediately upon connecting to PE, or a random amount of time after connecting?
MMeseke

Post by MMeseke »

Hi Keith,
I was reading the other post about other aircraft maybe causing this issue and it got me thinking. This started happening to my machine right after I downloaded an addon plane from the link below. I downloaded the F22, but never fully got it working in FSX. Not sure if this could be related, but I figure the more info you have the better.

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Military-57-2

Thanks,
Matt M.
Matt M.
N1134M (Cessna 172)
MMeseke

Post by MMeseke »

Good morning Keith,
Are there any updates on this issue? Last night I was able to connect and have ATC for a flight from KSNA to KCRQ. Everything worked great until I entered the pattern at Palomar. At that point I lost connection again. I was able to log back in, then it crashed about 2 - 3 minutes later. After that I wasn't able to get back in at all.

Any update would be appreciated.
Matt M.
N1134M (Cessna 172)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Matt,

Someone who was having issues yesterday was able to resolve it by reducing his multiplayer visibility (an option in the PE client). Can you give that a try? Try an extreme test of reducing it to 1-2nm. Then, gradually increase from there up to 5-7nm and leave it at that if it remains stable.
MMeseke

Post by MMeseke »

Thanks Keith,
I am at work now, but will try this when I get home this evening. I'll post the results here.

I hope this works, I need my PE fix!!! :lol: :lol:
Matt M.
N1134M (Cessna 172)
MMeseke

Post by MMeseke »

Ok Keith,
here are the results of my test flights tonight. Sorry about all the details, but I figure the more info for you the better.

Test Flight 1 Palomar to John Wayne 2.0 miles Pass
Test Flight 2 John Wayne to Long Beach 4.0 miles Pass
Test Flight 3 Long Beach to John Wayne 10.0 miles Pass
Test Flight 4 John Wayne closed traffic 15.0 miles Pass
Test Flight 5 John Wayne closed traffic 40.0 miles Fail, connected for about 3 minutes, system started to bogg down, then lost connection.
Test Flight 6 John Wayne closed traffic 30.0 miles Pass
Test Flight 7 John Wayne closed traffic 35.0 miles Pass

My flight time started at about 8:15pm PST and lasted until about 10:15pm PST

Let me know if there is anything else you would like me to do to help resolve this issue.
Matt M.
N1134M (Cessna 172)