getting dumped off of PE server [FIXED]

serious_simmer_FSX

getting dumped off of PE server [FIXED]

Post by serious_simmer_FSX »

FSX gold
Windows 7

attempting to log in at approx 2240Z

got dumped 3 times, then try to connect again.. no go so I quit..

any ideas?
TexFly

Re: getting dumped off of PE server

Post by TexFly »

Frustrating...the client keeps crashing here as well. Tried several times.

After a week of hard work I can only fly during the week end...everything is ready to fly and...crash!

I'm not happy... :x

I will try again in about 30 min hoping in a...miracle!
Alex (N705AT)
Check out my sim: http://www.createandsolve.com
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

As you can see, a number of fsx users have been experiencing this. We are not sure what is causing the issue yet. I wish I had better news.
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

Tried after 30 minutes and it worked. I was able to maintain the connection.

Just for the record:
1) I use the same PC I have used since day one with PE (about a year ago)
2) I haven't changed anything in my configuration
3) It was working perfectly (no crashes whatsoever) until last week
4) I do not have any antivirus and do not apply any Windows updates to my system

Not sure if these info can help but I thought I share...
Last edited by TexFly on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex (N705AT)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Alex,

That's very helpful, thank you. I had been suspecting a Windows update of some sort, but your post rules that out, too.

I do have a potential theory, based on the presence of some aircraft with some non-standard equipment types that have been connecting with X-Plane. I'll test this with my copy of X-Plane and someone that has FSX. I'll see if anyone on the DTP TS3 is available.

In the mean time, if anyone who has been having the crash, please try connecting to the network while you're positioned somewhere far away with no other aircraft (ie, Alaska, Chicago, NY, Florida, Dallas, etc). Let me know if it's stable. If it is stable, then we know it's related to the presence of other aircraft.

I'm off to try the test if I can find a willing participant. If not, I'll simply test this from the office tomorrow where I have an FSX client that I can use myself while I run X-Plane on the laptop.
Mark Hargrove

Post by Mark Hargrove »

I experienced this for the first time tonight as well, running the FSX version. After a routine IFR flight from KSNA to KLAX, I was in the process of filing the reverse route and the PE client crashed on me. I tried:

(a) restarting the client while FSX was still running (the client crashed right as I tried to reconnect)
(b) exiting from FSX, restarting FSX, launching the client (again, crashed when I tried to connect)
(c) rebooting my system and then doing (b) again -- same crash

One common thing I noticed which might be relevant: in every case, just before the crash (or perhaps coincident with the crash), my TCAS alerted me about 'Traffic' and displayed a traffic icon on on near the field at LAX indicating '0' feet above/below me (i.e., on the ground or near the ground). The "traffic" icon was pretty close, perhaps a half-mile or less away to the east from where I was parked at Landmark Aviation.

I'll go downstairs and try the "position far away thing" now.

EDIT:

After loading an aircraft at IAD and connecting to PE, the client seemed stable -- no crashes after I connected and taxied around a bit. I "teleported" back to LAX (without disconnecting) and the client was stable there too while I sat parked on the ramp -- but this was just about 20 minutes from "closing" time. I got no TCAS indications of any traffic at LAX this time.

-M.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
serious_simmer_FSX

Post by serious_simmer_FSX »

interesting about the far away location thing..

I will also test that out.. this morning when you open.. I'm on the east coast, so I have about 4 hours yet to wait..then we will see.
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

Got kicked out again.

Today at about 7.15pm EST around KSMO.

I noticed that, after the PE crash message, I was still seeing the drones. Not sure if they were running in my pc memory...

Keith, did you find anything that might solve this issue?
Alex (N705AT)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Alex, the only resolution so far has been to reduce the mutiplayer visibility down to a few miles. We haven't yet worked out if this is simply due to high drone traffic volumes, or the presence of other live aircraft.

We have altered the voice server location back to the office for today, prior to relocating it to the new dedicated box. If you get a chance, give it a try and let me know if you see any difference.