PTT No Longer Working

Mark Hargrove

PTT No Longer Working

Post by Mark Hargrove »

After converting my system drive on my primary flight sim PC to an SSD, I'm suddenly having a very weird problem with the PE client -- my push-to-talk has stopped working. I've looked into all the usual suspects -- the key mapping for PTT is '\' (backslash). FSUIPC has this same value to map a yoke button to PTT (this the same setup I've been using for almost a year, but I checked just to make sure). I've rebooted a few times. I've uninstalled and re-installed the PE client (which, by the way, still exhibits the installer crash at 94% progress that I've noted before and somebody else recently saw, but doesn't seem to actually hurt the installation). I've uninstalled and reinstalled FSUIPC. I've verified that FSX is not running as administrator. What's particularly weird (and what made me check that FSX wasn't running as administrator) is that PTT doesn't work even if I use the keyboard. I tried remapping the ptt key to several different keys -- PE doesn't recognize any of them.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I might try next? This is very frustrating.

Thanks!

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
Keith Smith

Re: PTT No Longer Working

Post by Keith Smith »

Mark, let's set up a time tonight if you're available and we'll look at it through screen sharing.
Mark Hargrove

Post by Mark Hargrove »

That would be great. I'll send you a PM.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
twharrell

Post by twharrell »

Just curious, how did you guys solve this problem? Because I am having the same issue now.

Todd
Regards,

Todd