[fixed] PTT not activating TX in PE

Denny22

[fixed] PTT not activating TX in PE

Post by Denny22 »

I connect and log on to PE with no problems, but when I push my PTT button (V) to try and talk to ATC the Transmit light does not light up for me.

I have searched and read the other threads in here and tried the things recommended concerning this issue.

Heres what I've made sure of

1. That I am not running FSX in Adminstrator mode
2. That the button I have chosen to assign (the V button) is not being used by FSX as an assignment.

Any other suggestions or something else I've missed?

Thanks
Denny
Keith Smith

Re: PTT not activating TX in PE

Post by Keith Smith »

Denny,

I moved this to the FSX forum. Did you set it to 'v' or 'V' (ie. lowercase or capital)?

Can you try setting it to left or right CTRL?
Nick Warren

Post by Nick Warren »

"v" is assigned in FSX to take a screenshot. May not be working because its conflicting. Did you try any other keys?

Nick
Denny22

Post by Denny22 »

lower case v is what I pressed, and yes I will try using the left control. I'll let you know!

Thanks Nick, yea after reading the posts in here I went back into FSX to be sure it was not assigned to anything and sure enough it was assinged to take screen shot, but I deleted that assignment, and it still did not work.

I think Keith may be right it may be a caps versus lower case issue.

Denny
Denny22

Post by Denny22 »

Well I tried the left control button and made sure nothing was assigned to that button in FSX, no luck, the TX light will not light.

Denny
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi Denny,

Very odd. Can we make a time to check it out together tomorrow? Drop me an email or a PM.
Denny22

Post by Denny22 »

Got it fixed with Keith's help

Turns out I was still running FSX in Administrator mode and this is what was causing the problem. Keith had me right click the startup Icon on my desktop, then go to properties and sure enough a check mark was in Run as Administrator.

What was weird is that I had read this in the forum as being a problem and I went and checked to confirm that I was not running in Admin mode and it said I was not, but I did not do it through the Icon on the desktop. Turns out I was still in Admin Mode.

Moral to the story, make sure you are not running in Admin Mode :)

Denny
Al Waterloo

Re: [fixed] PTT not activating TX in PE

Post by Al Waterloo »

Has anybody had any issue with not being able to transmit on PE when FSX is the active program? I can connect just fine....

If I make PE the active program I can transmit just fine.

I am not running as an Admin, I also have pause on task unchecked....