Protocol error

TexFly

Protocol error

Post by TexFly »

I'm trying to connect and I get a protocol error. All connections are ok in my system, Internet is up.

Very frustrating...

Any known issues?
Alex (N705AT)
Check out my sim: http://www.createandsolve.com
Keith Smith

Re: Protocol error

Post by Keith Smith »

I happened to be on the server console as you were trying to connect (was looking at something else). The error message is that it's an invalid password, I believe. Architectural changes that were made a while ago have resulted in error messages not being shown on the FSX client, so it's hard, as the user, to see the problem.

Double check your password by trying to log into the web site. If that works, copy and paste that password into the pilot client.

Also, consider emailing support@pilotedge.net next time, you'll get a much faster response.
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Now I remember the other day I had to reset my password (system request, as you said) but I didn't change it in my client...

Thanks!

Everything worked great.
Alex (N705AT)
Check out my sim: http://www.createandsolve.com
lauramks

Post by lauramks »

I also found this twist to the protocol error. I had my call sign listed as Cessna b52lm and got the error. When I changed to just B52LM it connected me. Lots of little unknown protocol issues but finally got in! :P
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Laura,

Spaces aren't allowed in the callsign. It's something we need to trap in the PE client since the FSX PE client can't easily display error messages from the server. Right now the server is trapping it and rejecting the connection, but the client doesn't know why. As long as you use a regular US civil registration, you won't have any hassles.