Saitek radio stack not working ( new please help)

Pieces

Re: Saitek radio stack not working ( new please help)

Post by Pieces »

Hi Jason,

You can very easily program your yoke to activate the PE PTT button with the Saitek programming software. That way you can avoid messing with FSUIPC. For example, I have the left red button on my yoke set up to simulate "NUM -", so when I press it, it is exactly like I'm pressing "NUM -" on my keyboard. You simply have to open the Saitek programming software and then set up a keybinding for that button. It's very easy. Then map the PE PTT key to whatever keyboard button you've set.
Reece Heinlein, PPL - IR, KMZZ
PilotEdge I-11
Alphabet Challenge
Mark Hargrove

Post by Mark Hargrove »

You're not going to be as happy with the touchscreen as you're hoping. Buttons on the UI of a simulated avionics device like a GPS receiver work very nicely on a touchscreen. Knobs /i], on the other hand, are awful. I've been there and tried that -- and gave up on it.

I've tried to make my simulated cockpit as realistic as possible too, but there is just no good substitute for a real knob. I finally decided the mouse did a much better job of manipulating a simulated knob than my fingers could do on a touchscreen version of a knob.

Maybe your experience will be better than mine was. If so, I would love to hear about it.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

With Xplanes you just go to keys and buttons and assign the 500 available switch positions to whatever command you want. Set both red buttons to PTT if you want. I was pretty sure you could assign buttons like PTT directly with FSX too.

The only problem with the Saitek radio stacks is they forgot the Xpdr controls: active, stby, ident. You will need buttons or a key mapped for those.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Adam, half of that advice is for XPlane and the other half is inaccurate for FSX. Please be careful about adding to the confusion. I wouldn't want him spending forever trying to set a PE PTT function directly within FSX when no such function exists.

The PTT function that's built into FSX refers to the multiplayer mode only.