Client issue

megs8888

Client issue

Post by megs8888 »

Hi new to the site and looking forward to learning about comms and atc it's great fun and very interesting, I have installed the software per instructions on both FSX pc and Client Pc when I run the software it analyses FSUIPC, then multiplayer server and then when it gets to loading aircraft info that's it nothing it just displays splash screen and doesn't run! Any ideas? I have removed FSX to run as admin, and ran the PE software as admin, I'm stumped any help is appreciated. Do I need to add anything to simconnect ini file etc, thanks Wayne.
Keith Smith

Re: Client issue

Post by Keith Smith »

Wayne,

It sounds like you're trying to run PE on a separate machine to the sim, is that right? If so, you'll need to make sure FSX is running as a simconnect server, and that you have your simconnect.ini file in your My Documents folder.

Also, make sure you're running PE for FSX, not for FS2004. For some reason, the only item that makes it into the start menu shortcut list is the 2004 version (this will be obvious from the title, but people see the PilotEdge reference and click without reading the rest of the title).
megs8888

Post by megs8888 »

Hi Keith yes I was all over the fs2004 application so that wasn't the issue can you explain the simconnect part in detail I have simconnect already installed as I have other applications that utilize it like plan g etc. is there something I need to do specifically? Does the simconnect.ini need to be on the fsx pc in my documents? Thanks Wayne.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Assuming you already have FSX running as a simconnect server, then all you need to do is tell your client application (PilotEdge) where the server is running by copying an existing simconnect.ini file from another working client and putting it in the My Documents folder on the PilotEdge PC.
megs8888

Post by megs8888 »

Keith this is the simconnect file i have in my client pc my doc folder still no joy?
[SimConnect]
level=verbose
console=0
;RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
;OutputDebugString=1
;file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
;file_next_index=0
;file_max_index=9

still hangs loading aircraft info.

Wayne
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I apologize...not the simconnect.ini file....it should be the simconnect.cfg file. Here is the documentation from Microsoft on this topic:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... ectcfgfile
megs8888

Post by megs8888 »

Ok Keith I will try that and report back. Regards Wayne
megs8888

Post by megs8888 »

Hi Keith ok this is my sim connect.cfg which is in my documents on my client non fsx pc

[SimConnect]
Protocol=IPv4
Address=FSX-PC
Port=500
MaxReceiveSize=4096
DisableNagle=0

[SimConnect.1]
Protocol=IPv4
Address=FSX-PC
Port=6811
MaxReceiveSize=4096
DisableNagle=0

Still hangs on loading Aircraft info as per screens.
I would really like to get this working as I don't want it on the fsx OC as it involves minimizing fsx to start PE etc.
Kind Regards Wayne.

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]image.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=2]image.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (3.89 MiB) Viewed 7312 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (3.39 MiB) Viewed 7313 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (4.06 MiB) Viewed 7313 times
Mark Hargrove

Post by Mark Hargrove »

Wayne,

I can't help you with the remote client problem, but perhaps have an alternative for you. If you're running FSUIPC on your FSX PC, are you aware that you can automatically launch external applications from FSUIPC (and close them down gracefully when FSX exits)? The details for this are in the FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users guide, but it amounts to nothing more than adding the app(s) you want to launch to the FSUIPC4.ini file in a section called [Programs].

This would give you a way to run the PE client from your FSX PC without needing to minimize FSX to launch it.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
megs8888

Post by megs8888 »

Yeah got the fsuipc going still have to minimize though to get the little PE radio panel to show up though, really can't understand why PE is not loading I have no issues with anything else using simconnect. I mean its trying to load the simconnect.cfg I posted is in my client pc is that correct?