Lost internet connection during flight--sorry controllers

robnpat

Lost internet connection during flight--sorry controllers

Post by robnpat »

All,

I was in a VFR flight from SBA to VNY a little bit ago, and during the flight I lost internet (winter storm). Our internet has been unstable since last night, but I figured it was good to go (stable) since it has been up since noon. Anyway, I'm not going to attempt to log back in to fly since I may lose connection again (it is now up but not sure for how long). I'm not sure how to contact those controllers on my flight (PM) as I wanted to tell them my issue.

On a side note, I did purchase MegasceneryX Southern Calif. (only because of PilotEdge). Hopefully it will be here Thursday. I really enjoy this service as it is a great idea and a lot of fun.

Rob
Keith Smith

Re: Lost internet connection during flight--sorry controller

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi Rob,

Not to worry. The controllers don't take it personally when you disconnect. If your flight was going without any hitch, our first instinct will be to assume that there was a net connection, or something came up and you had to leave suddenly. We've all had pilots leave, it really isn't a problem.

Glad you're enjoying the network! If you have some time tonight, I'd encourage you to drop by for the online Workshop on IFR Enroute procedures. It's a great way to meet other PE participants, too. There's always a great crowd!