FSX and PE software

sgreen9112

FSX and PE software

Post by sgreen9112 »

I've just tried using Pilot Edge and installed the software but now FSX crashes on startup with a fatal error. This only occurs if I trust the PE software. If I remove the entries from the trusted entries from the FSX.cfg FSX works perfectly. I also tried the Squawkbox software and it does the same crashing FSX with fatal error as it seems the PE software is the same as sqawkbox.

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. I've read various forums but nobody seems to have an answer as it affects only certain people it seems. I'm running administrator etc etc. I'd really like to use this as I'm training for my PPL at the moment. I know my system is ok due to flying about 20 hours every weekend for the past 6 years so has anybody encountered this issue?

Would anybody have any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks in advance and hopefully there is a solution or I will have to sadly move on.

Thanks,
Sean
Keith Smith

Re: FSX and PE software

Post by Keith Smith »

Do you have a headset hooked up and is it the default recording device?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Sean, my bad, I misdiagnosed the problem as I was in a hurry. There are a handful of systems that have exhibited this behavior. It appears to be related to the petrans10.dll (the pop-up window which shows the com tx/rx status and the two transponder modes).

This is not a required piece of the puzzle...feel free to remove it from the fsx.cfg (or disable it through any mechanism you like) and you should still be able to run the PilotEdge application without an issue. You can squawk normal/stdby either via the panel (if supported by your aircraft), or you can use the menu options in the PilotEdge client.

Definitely don't let this be the reason that you elect not to fly online, there's too much good stuff too miss out on!
sgreen9112

Post by sgreen9112 »

Thank you for the support. I will try this morning after work and let you know.

Sean
jimmersh

Post by jimmersh »

Kieth, I suspect a anti-virus program is blocking the pop-up transponder,tx/rec indicator. I use AVX and Microsoft Security Essentials on a XP PRO and MSFSX install, using certified Elite BATD serial and USB hardware. How can I get my little panel back?? Thanks!