Using client pc

percy

Using client pc

Post by percy »

Hi ..I am trying to set up PE to run on a client PC, I have loaded software into both computers as per instruction but get the message that FSX must be running....FSX is on and FSUIPC is connected on client PC...I read in this forum about a sim-connect cfg file? where do I get that from?
percy
Keith Smith

Re: Using client pc

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi Percy,

This can be done, but what is your reason for wanting to run on a separate computer?
percy

Post by percy »

Hi Keith...trying to reduce frame rate hit...today I was experience 5 fps drop....percy
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The client doesn't take a lot of CPU. Rendering AI traffic in the sim is what's likely causing the frame rate hit. Moving the client to another PC is not going to change that.
percy

Post by percy »

OK ...is that AI traffic generated by PE?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

"AI traffic" probably isn't the right term. PE tells the sim to create planes, then updates their location in the sim on a frequent basis.
percy

Post by percy »

This morning I figured out the problem..I run multi monitors and when I go to full screen my frame rates are cut in hafe from 30 to 15 or less when PE com box is displayed....I move the PE com box to a different monitor other than my main screen and when I go to full screen PE com box disappears and frame rates stay where they should be.I still show connected on PE live screen....to bring com box back i have to go out of full screen...so all is good now and usable...thanks for help
percy..
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Interesting and good to know! Haven't heard reports of frame drops associated with the com box. You can enable/disable that from the main PilotEdge application if you like. I would make sure the xpndr is squawking normal then disable it, if you're ok with not having the tx/rx lights.
percy

Post by percy »

ON my system only drops when going to full screen in windows mode no hit at all...sliding to different monitor other than main screen goes away when going to full screen and comes back when going to windows mode so its there to use if needed.....checking on my stuck mike button I think worked ok rest of flight....I was nervous and may have been holding mike button in...percy