Widetraffic

dc8flightdeck

Widetraffic

Post by dc8flightdeck »

Has anyone tested Widetraffic and PE? The PE drone traffic is visible on my server computer but I dont see them on my three clients which run the visual system. The Widetraffic client report indicates there are only "other" none aircraft traffic being provided by the server.

I'm just checking here if there is a special step to make Widetraffic clients display PE drones and aircraft. If not then I must have a widetraffic issue.

Thanks,
Justin
dc8flightdeck

Re: Widetraffic - Solved

Post by dc8flightdeck »

It seems the solution was to install PE on each Client computer. Widetraffic needed the PE aircraft installed on each of the client computers.

Justin
Keith Smith

Re: Widetraffic

Post by Keith Smith »

Makes sense. It expects the VIP and SB models to be there, along with the stock aircraft.
Mark Hargrove

Post by Mark Hargrove »

Widetraffic will show an aircraft without PE installed on every client, but it won't be the right model. Installing PE on each client gets the aircraft models installed and provides a better experience.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
dc8flightdeck

Post by dc8flightdeck »

Mark Hargrove wrote:Widetraffic will show an aircraft without PE installed on every client, but it won't be the right model. Installing PE on each client gets the aircraft models installed and provides a better experience.

-M.
That might be the case in some configurations but that was not my experience. It showed nothing from PE across three client computers until I installed PE on each of them, which thankfully was easy to do.
Mark Hargrove

Post by Mark Hargrove »

Then I believe you may have something misconfigured in WideTraffic. I fly with a sim that uses 6 PCs, 5 of which are clients for WideTraffic. I see PE traffic move seamlessly from one external display to another all the time.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Mark, the issue here is that if it tries to create a plane that you don't have in your library, you'll see nothing on that display on that computer.