Error Starting Pilotedge

Keith Smith

Re: Error Starting Pilotedge

Post by Keith Smith »

Good question, but the installer will flat out fail if it doesn't run as Administrator, since it won't be able to update the registry. Earlier versions of the installer needed to be forced to run as Administrator by the user, but the current version attempts to do this automatically now.
rogers55

Post by rogers55 »

I ran the Depends Tool. That is a very useful program.
Three dependent DLLs NOT found: Simconnect.dll, Ieshims.dll, and Wer.dll.
I found Simconnect.dll on another computer and copied it to the System32 folder.
Next try I got MSVcr80.dll instead of Simconnect not found.
Copied MSVcr80.dll into System32 folder.
Still get the original error when running PilotEdge.
BUT, installing PilotEdge, now get a message: An error occurred while trying to modify Flight Simulator X configuration files.
I am running as Administrator.
I think this is progress.
rogers55

Post by rogers55 »

If I do not run the setup as Administrator PilotEdge will install but will not run.
PilotEdge for FS 2004 does run but not for FSX.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Roger, going back to the "depends" output, I'm surprised simconnect isn't there, that's odd. I would try doing a proper install of Simconnect using the simconnect.msi that is bundled with the PilotEdge client (it's in the PilotEdge folder under Program Files. You can remove the simconnect.dll and the msvcr80.dll that you copied manually and let the installer do its thing.

Sorry I dropped off this thread, thx for the email reminder. We'll get this worked out for you, even if it means firing up a screen share.
rogers55

Post by rogers55 »

That worked. I just connected and did a radio check. Thank you very much. I got my P.P. recently and starting to work on instrument rating so P.E. is really needed.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

great to hear, thanks for hanging in there. if you haven't already, you might want to check out the workshops and the pilot training program, both available through the web site.