petrans10.dll

Kim Ellis

petrans10.dll

Post by Kim Ellis »

Strike a light this client software gets up my nose. It does this about once a month and the only solution I have found is a full uninstall, clean, and reinstall. Anyone else get this one, and/or have a solution? I have not had this problem with the original SquawkBox\sbtrans10.dll software, only the PE version.
Kim Ellis

Re: petrans10.dll

Post by Kim Ellis »

the error
the error
suggestions.jpg (63.5 KiB) Viewed 6404 times
Keith Smith wrote:what is the error?
LOL, that might be useful :)
Pieces

Post by Pieces »

I haven't run FSX is quite awhile, but I remember getting that error. I would tell it to run anyway, and everything would work great. If you click yes, do you have any other issues?
Reece Heinlein, PPL - IR, KMZZ
PilotEdge I-11
Alphabet Challenge
Kim Ellis

Post by Kim Ellis »

Pieces wrote:I haven't run FSX is quite awhile, but I remember getting that error. I would tell it to run anyway, and everything would work great. If you click yes, do you have any other issues?
From memory, in the past it has run if I click yes. But, and I do not know if it is related, as of this morning I cannot login to PE at all. But that may well be due to other, as yet unknown problems as I am returning to PE for the first time in over a week having been away flying World Flight 2013 24/7 on VatSim, which probably means it will take a while to get my system going again properly on PE.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

It's an unsigned DLL. You should have the option to either allow it to run once, run it repeatedly without further warning, or not run it at all. My guess is that it's coming up because you uninstalled it at some point and have just reinstalled it again.
Kim Ellis

Post by Kim Ellis »

Keith Smith wrote:It's an unsigned DLL. You should have the option to either allow it to run once, run it repeatedly without further warning, or not run it at all. My guess is that it's coming up because you uninstalled it at some point and have just reinstalled it again.
I have not seen the options [run once, run it repeatedly without further warning, or not run it at all], but I did disable all the PE entries in dll.xml so they were not consuming system resources during World Flight 2013, which does work as expected. This morning I enabled the PE entries in dll.xml, which has always worked in the past. Next step, complete reinstall of PE client.
gavink42

Post by gavink42 »

I get the same error screen that Kim posted, at seemingly random times. On my system, I've always been able to click "Yes" and FSX will start up properly.
- PP ASEL, instrument, complex, high performance
- Member AOPA, EAA, IMC Club, Piper Owner Society
- Cherokee 180C owner
Kim Ellis

Post by Kim Ellis »

gavink42 wrote:I get the same error screen that Kim posted, at seemingly random times.
Thanks Gavin, it really is helpful when other users getting the same or similar problems, report same, so management does not assume it is a single user's problem etc.

As expected, [a full uninstall, clean, and reinstall], makes this problem go away for the time being.

Now we move on to my next problem. Every attempt at logging in to PE, results in this informative error message.
not very helpful error message
not very helpful error message
suggestions2.jpg (201.1 KiB) Viewed 6347 times
This happens with every single attempt to login.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Kim, drop me an email when you are ready to try connecting and I will watch in real time to see what's going on.