Can I use speakers?

Lorenh

Can I use speakers?

Post by Lorenh »

I'd like to demonstrate PE for my instructor and have him be able to hear the communications. Can I use the speakers on my PC for audio, or will it cause a feedback loop through my headset when I key the mic?
Loren Hutchinson
Lee's Summit, MO (KLXT)
Private SEL IFR
N4336D
Kevin_atc

Re: Can I use speakers?

Post by Kevin_atc »

If you're just using routing your radio audio to the speakers, it'll be fine because you don't hear anything when you hit your PTT. But if you're looking to have the radio audio go through your headset AND the speakers by using the PilotEdge receiver application on the computer, then you will hear yourself as you transmit and it could trigger some feedback loop. The easiest solution is to just have the ATC audio go through your speakers while you demo it to your instructor. Turn the engine volume down and the ATC volume up if you're having trouble hearing it.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Loren,

What you've described is how I run my setup all the time (for various reasons I find it more convenient to have the audio coming through the speakers rather than a headset). Kevin's description is accurate, you should be fine.
Lorenh

Post by Lorenh »

Thanks guys. My instructor hadn't heard of PE, and I want him to see it in operation. He's a retired TWA captain. 25,000 hours.

Loren
Loren Hutchinson
Lee's Summit, MO (KLXT)
Private SEL IFR
N4336D