Sending login info.......

DWiggins

Sending login info.......

Post by DWiggins »

I've been using PE for a few weeks and recently upgraded to a new computer. I have FSX installed and running fine, followed by all my favorite planes and extras, REX, TrackIR and FSXFlight and then PE. Upon trying to connect tonight it got stuck on "Sending login info", the software eventually crashes when I try to cancel.

I've checked my password and login, its still logs in fine from my former computer, no problems. I've uninstalled PE and reinstalled it. The odd thing is that it still had my login info on the new install, so obviously something didn't get completely cleaned up. I also noticed that the 2 .dll files that were supposed to get permissions to run upon opening FSX, did not pop-up. Maybe this is whats missing?

Thanks in advance for any help.
wmburns

Re: Sending login info.......

Post by wmburns »

I encountered this problem at first. I found that if the following order is followed the error goes away.

1 Start the FSX client as normal.
2 Start the PE program but do not connect
3 click on the FSX client
4 go back to PE and attempt to connect/log in.

My theory is that PE and FSX need to communicate with each other. That FSX pauses when PE is launched. Therefore when PE attempts to "talk to" FSX, it can't because FSX is paused. By going back and clicking on FSX, that allows this communication to occur. Then PE has the necessary information needed to connect.

There is also an FSX option to pause FSX on task switch. It should be unchecked. Here's some information about this.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1812&p=11122&hilit= ... tch#p11122

Common errors and how to fix them
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=835

Be sure to run the installer jobs as admin. In building my own system had issues where the installer would not automatically install required packages unless run as administrator.

Question for you. Ever since I installed REX my Sim has not been as stable. I can see REX processing a weather update and then FSX will go into a loop. The problem does not happen when REX isn't used. Have you seen anything like this?

My system is WIN7 64bit FSX. The only add on's I have are PE, VATSIM, and REX. I'm running the latest version of REX posted on their web site.
DWiggins

Post by DWiggins »

I unchecked the 'pause on task' switch. My previous system also had that unchecked. No joy on the going back and forth between the apps though. Still hanging...
DWiggins

Post by DWiggins »

I managed to get connected but am still getting an "error connecting to server: 519". I changed some setting in my virus software to make PE a "trusted" site which seems to have improved my dilemma. I've been monitoring tower and clearance and am hearing nada..

Anybody have any more clues?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The pilot client needs to connect to two different servers (one for voice, one for data). Try disabling your firewall software and see if that helps. Otherwise, you should find a way to permit the firewall to allow the PE app to connect to whatever it wants.
DWiggins

Post by DWiggins »

Turned out that while I had a mic "connected", it was not being recognized by windows or PE evidently. Running the Windows recording device utility did the trick, I'm back up.