Client help

cbarnesATC

Client help

Post by cbarnesATC »

I installed the client per the website instructions.

When I started FSX I never saw any prompts to run the DLL's. The client works because I can load it up and see myself on the map on the PE website. When I attempt to press the scroll lock key to transmit all that happens is the FS ATC window pops up... any ideas?

Chris

FSX is NOT being run as administrator
PE Client WAS RUN as administrator
cbarnesATC

Re: Client help

Post by cbarnesATC »

Update: It appears that everything works however I have no way of knowing weather or not I'm transmitting unless someone responds...I'm assuming there should be some sort of gauge for that?
Lorenh

Post by Lorenh »

I see a black rectangle shaped box in the lower right hand corner of my screen when connected to PE. It shows COM1 COM2 IDENT and has red lights that come on when I xmit and recv. I'm not running FSX in full screen mode. That might make a difference.
Loren Hutchinson
Lee's Summit, MO (KLXT)
Private SEL IFR
N4336D
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

cbarnesATC, the default PTT (Scroll Lock) is also a mapped key in FSX by default. You will want to remove the mapping within FSX. Regarding the status of the PTT, when you connect to PE, you should see a small window floating above FSX as Loren is referring to. It shows the TX/RX status of the 2 com radios as well as a toggle for stdby/normal on the transponder.

If you don't see that, try running FSX non-full screen (windowed) by pushing ALT-ENTER. Perhaps the window isn't floating for some reason and is behind the FSX application.

Once you're up and running, though, there isn't a whole lot of need for that floating window if you know your PTT is working.
cbarnesATC

Post by cbarnesATC »

Thanks Keith and Loren.

Keith I was running FSX in windowed mode last night on my first flight. I normally run it full screen. My main concern was I never received any message from FSX regarding the DLL's. Everything seemed to run just fine though. My only concern now is not knowing if I have a hot mic during cases that I don't want one.

CB