Questions: PTT FSUICP / fsx and PE in admin mode Windows 8

C-JBCS

Questions: PTT FSUICP / fsx and PE in admin mode Windows 8

Post by C-JBCS »

Hello,

I have two questions I was hoping someone might be able to comment on.

First, I'm running FSX and just purchased the latest FSUICP version. I bought it specifically to use with the PTT function in PilotEdge. As it stands now, the only way I could figure to get it working was to set PE's PTT button as the space bar (I don't use space bar in my fsx bindings...). And then I set my trigger button on my CH yoke in FSUICP to the space bar under the buttons/switches tab...

My question is, is the above way the best way to set the PTT function to my yoke via FSUICP? The instructions for PE states "If you’d like to map the Push to Talk feature to a button on the joystick or yoke, you can use FSUIPC to trigger the “Ptt Transmit On (rw Or Avc)” and “Ptt Transmit Off (rw Or Avc)”. I couldn't find any reference in FSUICP to "rw Or Avc" and I don't quite follow that instruction... I can say the current way I have it set does seem to work! but there seems to be a longer delay before "Tx" lights up than when using a keyboard button to PTT... Is there a better way in FSUICP than what I currently done? Or if someone could clarify what is meant by "rw Or Avc" in the PE instruction, that would be fantastic.

Secondly, I'm running fSX on Windows 8. I use RXP gns products and have always had FSX set to run as admin. When I first started on PE I had the PTT failure that's been covered on the forum here in the past... I then set FSX not to run as admin and then encountered that my RXP GPS then wouldn't work... I seemed to have found a solution by running both FSX and The PE client as admin... Everything seems to work just fine as far as PE and the RXP units are concerned... My question is, are there any pitfalls to running both Fsx and PE in admin mode? I've also set windows defender to exclude both fsx and pe directories...

As always, I really appreciate everyone's time, and would certainly love to hear any comments/criticisms about my setup above.

Cheers

Jay
Donovan

Re: Questions: PTT FSUICP / fsx and PE in admin mode Windows

Post by Donovan »

Hi Jay.

FSX > Addons > FSUIPC > Buttons and Switches

From the Buttons and Switches menu. Push your desired PTT button. (I use the button on the left handle of my yoke.) You will see a number appear in either the "Joy #" box, or the "Btn #" box, depending upon which button you choose for your PTT.

Make sure that "Select for key press" on the left top of the menu is UNchecked. <==** IMPORTANT**
On the right side of the FSUIPC screen, put a check mark in "Select for FS Control" <==** IMPORTANT**

Beneath that, on the right hand side of the FSUICP screen, open the drop down Menu labeled "Control sent when button pushed", scroll down to "PTT Transmit On (SB3,RW,AVC)" and select it.
On the drop down Menu "Control sent when button released", scroll down and select "PTT Transmit Off (SB3,RW,AVC)"
Make sure that the "Control to repeat while held" is UNchecked.

Then push OK.
Also, make sure that you don't also have this button programmed for anything else within FSX (Settings > Controls > Buttons/Keys) or conflicts will occur.

As to the second question, I am running Win7 Pro and I set it up with the UAC turned off as I consider it completely worthless on a single home user system. I can't comment on anything Win8 related. As long as RXP and FSX are communicating fine, I don't foresee any hidden problems.

See you up there!

Don
C-JBCS

Re: Questions: PTT FSUICP / fsx and PE in admin mode Windows

Post by C-JBCS »

Hi Don, thanks! That works perfectly! Really appreciate it.

Cheers!

Jay