PE Client reaction for an unstable internet connection

galenogarbe

PE Client reaction for an unstable internet connection

Post by galenogarbe »

I'm using PE for a few days (in a hardcode mode doing an RAting Exam marathon). For a few times, when I have ANY packet loss in my internet connection the PE client didn't react well on this.

The client never recover from this short outage and just HALT. The work around is to close the windows process and reconnect BUT if the packet loss ocurs, PE client will ract the same way.

This problem is difficult to be detected because you will only see when you try to contact the ATC (or if you try to click on the PE client window).

After a few repetition of this error today I interrupted my I-10 fly. Nothing that put me crazy but my question:

Is this a known issue? I'm fly other (V) network for several years with FSInn and this client never react like that. In the worst case I just need to type CONNECT when I head a "disconnect" sound.

Any clue or work around?
---
An expert in learning
Nuno Santos

Re: PE Client reaction for an unstable internet connection

Post by Nuno Santos »

I've been disconnected a couple of times too in the last days, and the problem is there is nothing telling you have been disconnected or the PE software has crashed. Like Garbeno said, you only notice it when you click on the PE tab or if all becomes too silent for a few minutes.
Keith Smith

Re: PE Client reaction for an unstable internet connection

Post by Keith Smith »

The next development step will be the release of the 64-bit Mac client and P3D client. If, during the build of the P3D client, I can examine the behavior of the client during an unexpected disconnect, I will do so. I'm not sure how you are drawing a comparison to the behavior of the FSINN client. There is absolutely no shared code between the two, and they use a completely different protocol since it is a custom server, not the standard FSD server.