FPS & Visual quality reduction

-Tigercat-

FPS & Visual quality reduction

Post by -Tigercat- »

Hello, I've recently signed up for a membership for Pilotedge. I was initially excited and started getting all my stuff ready.

Once I connect to the server, similar to what I had with Vatsim, I get a visual reduction in quality and a FPS reduction to about half of what it normally is, which is 55+. Another issue was my PTT wasn't working, but I think I know what the problem is. I'll provide a before and after screenshot, any thoughts would be nice. :D

Note: My computer hardware should be more than enough to run FSX, I have a GTX 670 OC, and an I7 3700K @3.5.

Before connecting

After connecting

I don't know if you can tell, but after connecting it's very clear that there are jagged edges everywhere, and mipmaps are gone. I've also added high res attachments for further inspection. Thanks! :mrgreen:
Attachments
AFTER.jpg
AFTER.jpg (316.7 KiB) Viewed 5581 times
BEFORE.jpg
BEFORE.jpg (280.83 KiB) Viewed 5581 times
Keith Smith

Re: FPS & Visual quality reduction

Post by Keith Smith »

I think I've heard of this happening with some video drivers when it goes to draw the little transponder window. Try disabling that (it's an option in the PE client itself) and see if the frame rate stablizes.

If it's still a problem, then try connecting in an area with 0 traffic (such as Chicago, Miami, anywhere WAY outside of our coverage area. There are some drones in Norcal so I don't want those to be a factor, so go far, far away).

If it's still a problem with 0 traffic and no overlay, then I'm stumped. Otherwise, I suspect it's one of the two, probably the former.
-Tigercat-

Post by -Tigercat- »

Thanks for the suggestions, it appears that disabling the transponder window has fixed my issue, thanks! :D
BTR_Bob

Post by BTR_Bob »

I have had the same reduction in frame-rates and this thread fixed it . Without the Transponder my PC with GTX 780 will do 45 fps, with it, 19-20. I'm happy I found your solution. Alt-Tabbing out of FSX to hit ident isn't ideal, but still it's better than before, thanks.
I've used PilotEdge to Bust the Rust and bought an airplane.
Nick Warren

Post by Nick Warren »

BTR_Bob wrote:I have had the same reduction in frame-rates and this thread fixed it . Without the Transponder my PC with GTX 780 will do 45 fps, with it, 19-20. I'm happy I found your solution. Alt-Tabbing out of FSX to hit ident isn't ideal, but still it's better than before, thanks.
A gentleman created the offsets for the A2A C172 transponder to work with another network (similar client). http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=36430 This makes it to where the actual transponder on the aircraft affects all the mode changes and ident in the software without having to even utilize the box. Seems like something would be similarly doable for PilotEdge, but I have no programming knowledge and wouldn't even know where to start.

Nick
Perk

Post by Perk »

I'm having the same issue, but can't find the option to disable the transponder in the new FSX client. Any hints?