FSX alpha client v0.9.1a released

Keith Smith

FSX alpha client v0.9.1a released

Post by Keith Smith »

The FSX alpha client is available for download on the site.

Please read the download, usage, and issues pages prior to using the client for the first time.
lwilliams

Re: FSX alpha client v0.9a released

Post by lwilliams »

I know it's alpha right now, but congrats on a significant milestone, Keith!
Lee Williams
Charan Kumar

Post by Charan Kumar »

worked like a charm, no hiccups, er...save the issue between the seat and the instruments and the heat of course ;). Congrats and gr8 job getting it out!!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Thx Charan.

I am ready to package the new version with model matching for FSX. It's working well. I also have a custom SMS file that uses stock aircraft where possible rather than the SB/VIP models. It's already late here, though, I'll try to do it on Sunday if I can get to the office prior to the beta.
Keith Smith

Re: FSX alpha client v0.9.1a released

Post by Keith Smith »

V0.9.1a released today:
- added support for model matching and .smx/.sm9 libraries. Aircraft libraries are loaded in alphabetical order, regardless of stated priority. Added pe.smx package, adding support for many of the FS9 stock aircraft. Note: you MUST have the stock aircraft installed with the original titles for these to work.

To upgrade from V0.9a, you can either go through the full install (overwriting the dll's again), or simply copy the new exe over the old one and copying the new aircraft/pe.smx file into your Squawkbox/aircraft folder (alongside the sb.sms and vip.sms files).

Feel free to open the pe.smx file to review which stock FSX aircraft have been added and what title they use (replacing the + chars with spaces). You can add additional aircraft if you have aircraft that you would like to use as multiplayer aircraft.