PTT isn't working

-Tigercat-

PTT isn't working

Post by -Tigercat- »

Hello, me again, and I've come across another issue.

My PTT isn't working, I've made sure that nothing is running in administrator mode, my headset/microphone is set to default, and that my microphone is indeed working. If anyone has any idea that could help me that would be great. I did get the transmitting light to illuminate BEFORE I opened FSX back up after connecting to the server. Once I am in FSX it doesn't work, nor when I minimize back out with no light illuminating.
Keith Smith

Re: PTT isn't working

Post by Keith Smith »

What key have you configured to be your PTT key?

If you can trigger PTT when FSX is NOT the focused application (ie, PE is the focused app), then FSX is still running as Administrator (check the compatibility modes, they can also trigger running as admin even if you don't have 'run as administrator' explicitly selected).

If you can't trigger the PTT at all, no matter what the focused app is, then I would double check what the mapped PTT key is in the PilotEdge application under Start->Options->Voice.
-Tigercat-

Re: PTT isn't working

Post by -Tigercat- »

Oh wow, now here's the funny thing, I had already done what you just asked (ensure it is not checked as admin), and it wasn't, BUT I didn't check the main launcher to FSX which is in the main root. I had been checking my shortcut everytime. I just tested it out and now it works.

Thanks Keith, you're the man. :D