fsx

muzz

fsx

Post by muzz »

Today, I tried untold times to run fsx with pe. Fsx crashes every time before I can leave the parking spot.
Mostly the crashes were when I switched to full screen, but sometimes it came out of the blue. Sure hope
someone can figure this out, really exasperating.
Keith Smith

Re: fsx

Post by Keith Smith »

We'll do what we can to work out the problem. This is why we have an alpha test phase, to get it tried out on as many platforms as possible. I had to decide whether to make it a closed alpha phase or an open program, and I elected to do the latter. Please know, though, that the product has not been tested with many configurations, varieties of planes, or versions of FSX.

So let's start with that. Was this a single machine installation or did you have squawkbox_pe on a separate machine to your fsx instance?

How sure are you that you were completed the installation steps correctly, removed the old squawkbox module, overwriting the necessary DLL's, etc?

Do you have the stock Baron still installed, and do the first two lines of the config file look like this?

[fltsim.0]
title=Beech Baron 58 Paint1

Try connecting in another part of the country (where there are no drones). Does it crash there, too? If not, then the crash is traffic-related. If it does crash with nobody else around, then it's something else.

Lastly, try it with the vis range set relatively low (5-10nm), rather than 20-40nm, and tell me if that makes any difference.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

muzz, any more info on this? I'd really like to hunt this down.
muzz

Post by muzz »

Sorry Keith - been pretty busy - tried fs9, but it won't run. I'm going to re-install fsx in the next
few days and will start the de-bugging then.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

muzz,

Need more detail. 'tried fs9 but won't run'. Do you mean you can't run FS9 at all, or you can't run it with PE?
muzz

Post by muzz »

FS9 wouldn't run PE. I prefer to use fsx anyway, so now that it has been stabilized
(heating problem) I will stick to the fsx version.
Christian Mears

Post by Christian Mears »

Just out of curiosity, were you also running any add-ons with FSX or FS9? I was having issues with FSX crashing and found that uninstalling Ultimate Traffic resolved it.
muzz

Post by muzz »

The only add-on I use with FSX is Active Sky (the weather program).