post-upgrade issue

Munkman

post-upgrade issue

Post by Munkman »

so after the update fsx on windows the client cant seem to recognize my mic ans puts me on a text only mode... also when i try to connect every time i get a squakbox 11 error. any suggestions?
Keith Smith

Re: post-upgrade issue

Post by Keith Smith »

That's odd, it shouldn't be trying to connect to the voice server if it can't pick up your mic. The bigger question is why it's not seeing your mic. I'll do a screen share with you to find out what's going on. Go to http://join.me, start a meeting and email the meeting number to support@pilotedge.net
BTR_Bob

Post by BTR_Bob »

I took a quick moment and installed the new client and got the same issue. Pilot Edge doesn't recognize my mic even though I have one selected as default for voice input. I'm using aviation mic to USB converter from Sporty's. It worked previously though, admittedly it had it's wonky moments. I did glance through the FAQs and I'm wondering if it's the launch order thing. I started FSX then Pilot Edge. I haven't gotten a chance to trouble shoot it with different mics and different launch sequences. I'll do that and check back on this topic later after I get a wall painted.
I've used PilotEdge to Bust the Rust and bought an airplane.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

See the first issue on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=835

Also, the download page was updated to include a reference to this issue: http://www.pilotedge.net/pages/download-software-msfs

And lastly, the most comprehensive post on this issue so far: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3990&start=20#p26363
BTR_Bob

Post by BTR_Bob »

Thanks a bunch. It was a bad shortcut apparently.
I've used PilotEdge to Bust the Rust and bought an airplane.